Friday, October 17, 2008

To keep us accountable

Chris and I started back on Weight Watchers this week (we've done it before, and it worked really well).  I'm posting about it because, I feel like if I talk about it here, it will make it more real for both of us!  We are still holding on to some baby weight, and frankly, we are sick of it! Chris even uttered a phrase that made me know he was s.e.r.i.o.u.s.!


"Tomorrow, I'm going on a diet.  I'm talkin' chicken, fruit, vegetables...."

"Huh?!!!" did he say vegetables?!!!

I couldn't help laughing out loud!  My husband doesn't eat green things.  Period.  My kids eat WAY better than he does, and I had all but given up.  I'm holding him to it though.  If you know him personally, I want you to hold him to it to.  It's quite the dinner time battle around here (getting Chris to eat his vegetables I mean).  The kids cheer him on in a way that just makes me laugh...

"Just ONE bite Daddy.  Look, I did it.  You can do it Daddy!". 

 How sad is that?!

I've just in the past week hit my pre-pregnancy weight, but I will admit that I was a bit over my ideal weight when we found out that Greer was on the way.  I am also not trying to lose weight to look better (well, not totally).  Really, I could care less.  I feel pretty good right now, and I have a lot going on, but....

Basically, it's all about the jeans.

I have a closet FULL of jeans that I love, and if I could lose about 10 pounds, they would fit me again.  If you haven't noticed, times are tight, and I have NO interest in purchasing a completely new wardrobe.  I gotta lose this weight.  

Now, I need all of you to keep us accountable!  Stay tuned for updates (and PLEASE, if you don't see any in the next week or 2.... remind me!!!)

2 kind words:

Erin said...

I found your blog through Angie's blog...

I'm with you. I need to loss about ten more pounds as well. I was a bit heavier than my ideal weight before the birth of my son. I would like to be about 10-15 pounds less before I get pregnant again. Good luck on Weight Watchers, I need to start back up too.

Aspiemom said...

My husband and I want to lose weight, too, but were just saying we have no self-control. It's driving me nuts now that I need to lose about 40lbs. The number just keeps getting bigger. If I could just lose 10 lbs. I'd have a whole new wardrobe!

I'll be watching to see your progress. My sister did great on WW and went from size 14 go size 8 and stays there.