Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thank you, Mr. Graham

I wanted to give a little update on one of the things I mentioned in my last post.  I posted a link to an article that infuriated those of us in the "birthmark world".  Well, one of the members of my "birthmark community" wrote to the author of the article concerning her view on his stance  (that Port Wine Stain removal is "ridiculous and unnecessary").  I must say, his response was very encouraging (I do wish he would formally retract/address it, but I doubt that will happen).  Here's what he had to say.  

Thank you for taking the time to write.  I cannot speak for my co-author, Mr. Ciamarra (whom I expect would share my sentiments), but having re-read the offending sentence I agree that it looks very mean-spirited and I do very much regret phrasing it that way.  I did not mean to confuse a cosmetic procedure with a medically necessary procedure.  I will certainly be more careful and considerate next time.  

John R. Graham
Director, Health Care Studies
Pacific Research Institute

Apology accepted.

0 kind words: