Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dreaming of delicious meals....


I forgot to mention in my post that the absolute WORST part about today was that I didn't eat a morsel of food until 4:45 this afternoon (since last night at about 9 o'clock, y'all!).  Well, all that left me to do was daydream about yummy meals while I waited at the hospital all. day. long.


I am also just catching up on some of the blogs I love to read, and it turns out BooMama is doing a really fun bloggy carnival today!  Thought I might add a couple of my favs!  It's finally that soupy, crock-potty time of year!  

Brown Sugar Boston Butt

1 large Boston Butt
Worcestershire Sauce (enough to coat the Butt)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dark Brown Sugar (enough to coat the Butt)
One Cup of Apple Juice

Place Butt in a crock pot coated with cooking spray.  Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
Coat with Worcestershire. Cover with Brown Sugar (pressing it onto the Butt to make a crust).
Pour Apple Juice in bottom of crock pot (not over the Butt).  Cook all day on medium or for 5 hours on high (as the brown sugar melts, baste Butt some).  Serve with baked beans, corn, mashed potatoes, or whatever you like!  Great on a bun with potato chips, too!


Taco Soup

1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 packs Taco seasoning
1 cup water
1 can Rotel
1 can tomato sauce
1 jar salsa
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 pack dry Ranch Dressing 

Brown meat adding 1 pack of taco seasoning.  Drain and dump in crock pot.
Add all the other ingredients and cook on medium heat all day or high 
heat for 4-5 hours.  Delicious!  Serve with sides of shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream!


Enjoy!  And feel free to check out BooMama's blog for more great ideas.

0 kind words: