Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Have I mentioned that I love my husband?!




Yesterday reminded me how much I love my husband (sometimes we all need a little reminder!).  Reeves was still not 100%, and he didn't really feel up for school yet.  I had to work, and there was really no way around it.  Chris stepped up to the plate in a big way...but he's always been there when I need him.  If it weren't for his wonderful dedication as a dad (and husband), I don't think I would enjoy working so much.  Our kids really don't even think of me as a working mom, I don't think.  I mean, they just know that I love what I do and that I help mommies have babies....that is just COOL to them (they also may know a little bit more about the anatomy of childbirth than your average kid, so don't be surprised if your kids learn a little too much when they are over for a playdate!)....but I digress

We have a great arrangement for the days I work (which only ends up being 4 week days a month).  Chris gets everyone dressed and to school (Lucy and Reeves go at 8 and Greer has Mother's Day Out from 9-1 three mornings a week).  At 1, he picks up the girls (at their respective schools) and brings them home to meet our babysitter (whom we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE).  He goes back to work downstairs, and then takes off a little early.  They only end up being with the sitter for a few hours.  I also work every other weekend, and those are what the kids call "daddy days".  They have an awesome time on those days and Chris manages to make it to every birthday party and sporting event there is.  He even makes it to church every Sunday, and thankfully, our church is really casual.  I don't worry anymore about how they are dressed or what their hair looks like....I let that go a long time ago.  I have some pretty funny stories about what they manage to talk him in to (in the clothing department), but seriously, I could care less.  They have a BLAST with him. (I also found out from my pastor, Julie, that there are a couple of mom friends of mine who make sure they have their clothes on right and that their hair is straight and their face is clean....but don't tell Chris!)

So yesterday, Chris let Reeves lay around and hang out with him all day, and he did really well. They had lunch and worked from home (Reeves worked on his "projects"), and Reeves got his reserves back.  Alan and Jennifer had a doctors appointment downtown yesterday (please continue to be in prayer for them....it was a really tough day!), and Chris brought Skylar home from school with Lucy to play.  After the babysitter left, Chris fed all the kids, bathed Greer, and then headed to flag football practice (he coaches Reeves' team)....my precious Mother in Law (Honey) came over to hang with baby G.  After practice, he rushed home, bathed the girls, got Reeves in the shower, and then drove Skylar home (Lucy ended up spending the night with Skylar, but that is a post all in it's own that I KNOW will be quite entertaining....stay tuned).  He then came home and got the house all straight for me to come home to (I don't get home till around 8:45 and yesterday was C.R.A.Z.Y.).  How precious is HE?!

Anyway, I thank God for such a wonderful partner in this crazy life....I love him so very much!!!


1 kind words:

Emily said...

wonderful husbands are the best!! Your husbands sounds like he is amazing:) Lucky you! Lucky him!!! Happy Tuesday!