Monday, October 20, 2008

Isn't she an adorable little faker!!!?


I think so!  Lucy pulled the wool over my eyes with the ultimate fake out today.  She said she had a tummy ache, and then she said she had a sore throat, and then she ate me out of house and home.  Guess she had her "mental health day" of the season, and we had a talk about what was "sick" and what was "not really sick, but just tired and want to stay home with Mommy".  It's a hard lesson to learn, but we ended up having a nice day just hanging out.  Tomorrow, I don't think I will be such a push-over!

Even though I didn't get any real "me time" today, it ended up being a great day. We were lazy this morning, got some laundry done, colored and played some games.  Greer took a few more steps, and Lucy was a great help at keeping her out of trouble.  I am very excited that Reeves and Lucy have both learned how to carry her from place to place without hurting her....it is a very helpful skill!  

We picked Skylar up from school, and headed over to the mall for some easy entertainment.  Greer had her first Carousel ride, and she was absolutely fascinated.  It was so wonderful!  The other girls were squealing with delight, too!  Dippin' Dots and Starbucks also gave us a little fuel for the rest of the afternoon (don't worry, I stuck with coffee with splenda and a splash of half and half...safely on my diet!).

While we were browsing around the Disney store (where I found myself saying "If you girls can't stop with the "I wants" then we are out. of. here.!"), Chris called to tell me that my Certification Exam results had arrived.  While the girls were checking out the princess cash register, I found out that I PASSED my certification exam.  I am now officially a "Registered Nurse Clinician".  I now get to add the letter "C" to the end of my "RN" credentials.  Even though I have been an L&D and Maternal/Infant Nurse for over 11 years, it was a really hard exam.  I am proud to know that I am officially a "really smart nurse"!!!  Yay for me!!!

The girls crashed early, and Chris and Reeves are battling in what will probably be their last flag football game of the season (and I'm feeling a bit sad that I am not there to cheer them on).  Chris is holding out hope that they will win this game (even though they beat us in the regular season 55-0).  Here's to his optimistic spirit and enthusiasm....may he always be so hopeful!!!  Go TITANS!!!


3 kind words:

Kameron said...

Thanks for the comment. :o) Don't rush too quickly into fall. It is gorgeous here, but it was also 34 degrees when I had to leave for work this morning! The boy did look cute in his winter coat and hat though!

Aspiemom said...

She looks adorable!

Congrats on the degree. My step-MIL was a L&D nurse for about 15 years, then did traveling nursing until her mother died and I'm not sure what dept she is now. She is an RNC, too. Good job.

Amy said...

Great job RNC!! I am so excited for you. Had not idea you were doing that.