Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not me!, Monday


It's that time again!  I find that this little bloggy fun is a great way for me to preserve some of those random happenings in my life (for better or worse!).  It is going to be great fun to look back on these some day!

Check out MckMama's blog for more "Not me!" moments from other "perfect" moms like me!  They are hilarious!

If I haven't mentioned it before, I am a perfect mom!  I do NOT tolerate whining, tantrums, or tattling...EVER, and I did NOT give-in to any of these things at any time in the past week.  Nope, not me!  I use age and situation appropriate discipline every. single. time.!

I did NOT support my husband's decision to lie to my son after his last flag football game.  It would never be appropriate to tell a 6 year old that his team won a game even though they lost fair and square (just like they lost every single other game this season *sniffle*)

I did NOT jump up and down and congratulate him when he excitedly yelled to me "WE WON MOMMY!!!"  That would totally be in support of lying, and I would NEVER do that (even though it put the biggest smiles you can imagine on a bunch of sweaty little boys)


I did NOT give Reeves and Lucy a basket full of mismatched socks and offer to pay them a nickel for every pair they made.  That would be lazy of me.....I should have done the matching myself.  I also did NOT convince myself that it was an educational exercise for them and therefore to their benefit!  

I did NOT feed my 9 month old, Greer, apple pie and ice cream.  She's much too young for that and it would NOT have been good for her.  And after that, I did NOT laugh hysterically at her sugar high....she was not a maniac child for at LEAST 2 hours (and she did NOT end up staying awake till 8:30 when her bedtime is usually around 7). 

She did NOT take her first "sugar fueled" steps that night.  She is WAY to young to be walking, and that would mean that my little baby is getting to be a big girl....nope, she is NOT going to ever grow up if I have anything to do with it! 

 Nope, I did NOT also eat apple pie and ice cream because that would definitely NOT be on the diet that I started this week.  I have much more self control than that!!! 

Saturday night, I did NOT put Greer into the spare outfit that was in the diaper bag after her bath at my mother-in-law's house (because I forgot to pack pajamas), let her sleep in said clothes, take her to church in said clothes, and put her BACK to bed in said clothes last night....it's NOT a long story!!!

And finally....after a late night out, I did NOT feed Greer at 5 this morning.   She did not wake up WAY too early and I did NOT want to get a few more hours of sleep (it DID work like a charm though, and we both slept in till 8:30!) 

What did you NOT do this week!?


15 kind words:

Kameron said...

Awww, I hate lying to kids, but I bet you made their day! Sometimes what they don't know, won't hurt them!

applesofgold said...

I always check your blog for not me's....they are so funny!!!! I would never lie to my kids either about winning a game! And I would never take them out for icecream to celebrate their victory either! And I would never lean over to the parents on the opposing team and give them a mean look that said "Let my kid have this feeling of victory, would you?!?!! She had fun playing!"

Anonymous said...

Oh I can sympathize...my 13 yo's football team has not won a SINGLE game this year either...not even ONE score! It's really a shame I can't get away with lying to HIM! LOL

Love your not me's!

heidi said...

I did NOT pay my oldest and two of her friends to clean the upstairs after having 14 kids over all day on Friday.

It WASN'T the best $6 I've spent in a long time.

:-)

Taking Heart said...

You weren't lying... everyone ones in flag football... right?

takingheart.blogspot.com

S.L.P said...

My 9 month old did "not" take his first steps this week as well! That's just craziness! And, I of course NEVER pay my 6 year old to clean his sisters room, that wouldn't teach her responsibility. Too funny!

Ashley said...

i would never bribe my kids to do anything...

and i would certainly never nor have i ever lied to either of my boys about loosing a game. no way :)

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, that picture of those boys is so stinkin' cute...

I would have even got em a trophy.. Surely they had to be the cutest team out there.. even if they did lose every game of the season.. poor boys.

Amie said...

OMgoodness... your football story had me cracking up!!!!!!!!

Your blog is so bright and cheery.. it always makes me smile!

Love the music!

:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

Amie said...

p.s....can I mooch your sock Idea? lol

:)
Amie

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE SOCK IDEA!! This is great! Hope you don't mind me using your idea! Have a great week.

Aspiemom said...

Love your "not me's!" (I didn't have time to do it today).

I especially like the sock idea, which is not lazy. It's good mothering and it IS educational!

Are you doing the Hot for the Holiday's diet or an independent one?

JaniceFry said...

THAT WAS SO FUNNY!!!! Oh, a girl after my own heart!!!.....And, yes, I did my very first "not Me, Monday" too! It's a hoot,isn't it?!....Kiss Kiss to those adorable munchkins from Granjan!

Unknown said...

Truly histerical post : )! Your children are so adorable! You seem like a super fun mom! I wish you lived next door so we could be friends!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Too funny, loved the socks.