Thursday, October 16, 2008

The latest on "G Money"


Whew, it's a little late y'all, but I feel the need to post something that doesn't *totally* focus on PWS.  Sorry for the serial "topic of interest" posting, but I am becoming one of those mothers (if you know what I mean).  I have a dad who is a pediatrician, and my own pediatrician is one of his colleagues from residency, and they both think I'm a little nutty.  I maintain that I am my child's most valuable and critical advocate and that is why I am passionate about the birthmark issues, but I digress....

Yes, that nickname has stuck!

Greer had her 9 month check up today, and it went swimingly!  I give all the glory to God for the fact that she is way ahead of the curve.  I don't say that in a boastful, annoying, braggy mom way, I mean to say that it is a blessing from God.  

Greer doesn't give me the chance to worry that she isn't going to hit a milestone.  She has hit every one of those little milestones before it even crossed my mind to worry that she hadn't.  I think that is completely of God.  I have a lot on my plate, and worrying about milestones has never been a big deal to me (with the other 2).  I am totally cool with the fact that kids develop at their own pace, in their own time.  However, I am aware that Greer is at risk for a syndrome that can cause developmental delays (because of her PWS) and so, I'm a little more aware of those markers.  

Have I mentioned how wonderful my God is?  

So for today, here are the stats and pertinent facts (from her 9 month check up):  

EEG  Normal (Praise be to God!)
Weight  22 pounds 6 ounces (yeah, she's a chubb-o)
Height 31 inches (that is only 7 inches shorter than her 4 YEAR OLD sister!)
Other stuff  saying "mama" "dada" "nigh, nigh" "mah, mah" and other incomprehensible babblings, waving bye bye, "kissing", bear crawling (her preferred mode of movement), standing (completely independently in the middle of the room...with GREAT balance), taking a few steps when you hold her hand, signing "milk" and "finished", sleeping through the night
Favorite foods  bananas, spinach and cream cheese, "Annie's" mac and cheese, tofu, green beans, broccoli, yogurt, cookies!, raisins, chicken, grits, oatmeal, peaches, cottage cheese

I could just Eat. Her. Up!


4 kind words:

ASHLEY said...

HEY MEGAN, I'VE BEEN READING YOUR BLOG FOR A WHILE NOW. I ALSO HAVE A NINE MONTH OLD BABY GIRL, NAMED MAHAILA. SHE WAS NAMED AFTER HER GREAT,GREAT,GREAT GRANDMOTHER. YOUR GREER IS TOO CUTE!!!JUST WANTED TO DROP A LINE AND LET YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Ginger said...

Praise the Lord Megan! We have read/seen how bad it could be, and I, like you, love it when God puts that in perspective for me! May little Greer continue to do well and hit those milestones. She is such a cutie pie. To God be the Glory 4-ever, Amen!!!

JaniceFry said...

Meggie, I love reading about all your children, it brings back memories of my crew, everything from day to day stuff to DIETING! HAHA!... I do want you to know I'm praying for Miss Greer, too! I'm so thankful to watch the "slide show" of her birthmark disappearing! Praise God!!! I think I told you that Greer and Daisy and Powell are all the same age!!! So, it is with interest and JOY that I read, especially, about her! I would love to see the 3 of them together!... She is truly your little miracle girl, what a blessing! Yes, the #3 child is always that! Miss Natalie was my #3 child! Watch out! That usually means they are destined for the stage! HAHA ! Now, you only need 3 more to catch up with me! HA!!!! Love you lots! mama fry xxoo

JaniceFry said...

EXCUSE me, TWO more kids to catch up with my family! Sometimes it just FELT like I had 6 kids! LOL!