Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Full

As laid back and calm as yesterday was, today turned out to be the complete opposite.  It was a day full of emotion and in the end, I am just exhausted.  Today was hectic, not so good, pitiful, educational, WONDERFUL (hence my earlier twitter post), yummy, infuriating, prayerful, scary, easy, lonely, productive, disgusting, and well, exhausting.


Let me break it down a little bit more...

Hectic.  We had a not so restful night here in our house.  The kids were up and down, Lucy only wanted Daddy (more on that later) and well, it made for a C.R.A.Z.Y. morning.  I didn't get the coffee going quick enough, and we were all a little nuts trying to get out the door.  I do so much better when I can have a shower without any pressure or interruptions!

Not so good.  Our hectic morning led to a late arrival for the CPR recertification class (which I could probably teach with my eyes closed).  I was about 7 minutes late because of morning craziness (and terrible traffic) when the lady at the door said.  "You'll have to come back on another day, the class has already started."  YOU. HAVE. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME!  Not happening.  I got 3 kids up and out the door and even took a shower.  I am staying.

Pitiful.  The begging and pleading I did to win my spot back.  Needless to say, it worked.  Who can resist a sleep deprived mother of 3?!

Educational.  After all that, I actually learned a few new things.  Who knew?!

WONDERFUL.  Right after class, I got some great news.  Our new insurance has approved laser treatments for Greer's Port Wine Stain.  And, the new insurance will pay for the surgeries 100%.  Praise be to God.  To make things even better...they moved her treatment day up.  Our next Zap day will be on November 4th....I don't think anything else important is happening on that day anyway ;)

Yummy.  If you know the south at all, you know that we have some great food.  A staple in the diet of any good ole Southern Gal is chicken salad.  Down here, you will find all sorts of varieties of the old favorite, and all of them have something special.  I headed to one of my favorite haunts and picked up some to share with my dear friend Amy.  She sat with G while I took my class.  That's another great thing about the south.  If you feed a friend, they will do anything for you!

Infuriating.  After Amy left, I caught up on some emails, and I read this article (shared by one of my "Birthmark Buddies").  Needless to say, it ruffled my feathers a bit.  

Prayerful.  I took the time today to pray for my small group, my friend Jennifer and her husband Alan, and a few other things.  I also prayed for my dear Mom after I found out that she is going to have some Oral Surgery tomorrow.  Please pray for complete relief for her...it has really been awful.  I love you, mom!

Scary.  Lucy confessed that she had a dream last night where "Daddy got shoot".  "What did you say, Lu?" Lucy, "Daddy got shooted, and I was there, but you called me and got me."  Me, "What happened to Daddy, Lucy?"  Lucy, "He got Dead."  and she said it with quite the "duh" tone.  I'm a little disturbed by this.  Any advice appreciated. 

Easy.  We ate out for dinner (tacos, salsa, margaritas, delicious)....

Lonely.  I miss my sisters.  We have been playing phone tag a bit, and I miss 'em.  Call me girls...I want to know that you are OK!

Productive.  After Greer went to bed, Chris and I got to WORK.  We even got the big kids in on the game.  I am so excited to have a few things under control that have been driving me crazy for weeks. I'm feeling much more "together" here tonight!

Disgusting.   We gave Nana a bath tonight for the first time in *almost* 3 weeks.  'Nuff said!

Exhausted.  Yep, I am!


2 kind words:

Amy A A said...

Do you plan on writing a nastygram to the article author? He is an idiot! Love ya, Amy

Janet said...

Lucy and Sarah are on the same wavelength. At dinner Sunday night, out of the blue, Sarah said "Daddy's going to die tomorrow." Yikes. Perry got a cold chill, especially since he was going to get on a plane to California the next day! Why do they think these things? And how should we handle them? Tough stuff!