Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fun Fall Fieldtrips!

Try saying that 5 times fast!!!

Both Reeves and Lucy had some fun outings this month with their classmates.  Lucky for me, I got to tag along!  We were blessed with lovely weather for both days, and I got the benefit of sharing some fun time with two very dear girlfriends!


First came Reeves' fieldtrip to the Zoo.  It was a gorgeous day, and we practically had the Zoo all to ourselves (well, all 175 of us or so!).  My dear friend Amy E and I spent the day with our sweet boys and had so much fun chasing them around the Zoo.  We were responsible for these four boys you see below, and they kept us on our toes.  


I wish I had the picture of me with what felt like a million Lorikeets perching on my body.  It was quite frightening cool, and I have to get the picture scanned into my computer so I can share it.  I'll put that on my neverending "to do" list!


Here's a pic of the whole silly gang!  Isn't their teacher (Mrs. Anderson) absolutely adorable!  She is expecting a baby girl in December!  Have I mentioned that I LOVE her!?


And, as for Lucy, betcha can't guess where her class went?!  

Yep....off to the pumpkin patch we went!  This was so much fun for me for SOOOO many reasons!  First of all, it was Lucy's first fieldtrip and first school bus ride.  She was b.e.s.i.d.e. herself with excitement.....she was so beside herself that she barely slept the night before.  

This is the ONLY picture I got of her smiling.  This girl was so tired on the day of the fieldtrip from her "anticipatory excitement" that she really had a hard time enjoying it.  Basically, she was in a foul mood the whole day.  I think she is going to take after my sister Rachel on this one.  My mom tells us that Rach used to get sooooo worked up about an "event" that when the time finally came, she was too exhausted/overwhelmed to enjoy it!  Must be a "middle child" thing!!!  Even still, we had a great time!

I was also blessed to enjoy this time with my friend Jennifer (wife of my other dear friend, Alan).  Because he still can't really be left alone, she is pretty much with him all the time.  But for this day, she was able to find some friends to stay with Alan for the day so that she could steal away to be with Skylar and the rest of us.  We both enjoyed a day of "getting away" and just being with our girls.  It was so wonderful to spend that kind of time together!!!


With all the animals we touched....I was grateful that both places had adequate "handwashing" facilities (have I mentioned that I'm a bit of a clean freak?)!!

1 kind words:

Aspiemom said...

Wow, you got some great photographs of your zoo trip! That last one could be entered into a contest.

Going to the zoo is so fun. Have you ever driven through a safari park? Those are lots of fun, too!