Saturday, October 4, 2008

Not as pretty as it sounded this morning!

Wow, did our day do a 180 degree turn since I wrote that post this morning!  I just reread it, and I can't help but laugh.  I mean, what else can I do but laugh.  I think I mentioned just yesterday that God has a sense of humor (not that I'm saying he is laughing at me, I just think he likes to keep us humble)....well, today I've been humbled a little!


The morning continued to be lots of fun.  The boys played pretty well, despite another loss (which was no great surprise....we haven't actually won any of the games).  It is all about fun and learning for them (and the coaches) and we are all very proud of our little guys.....

Chris and Reeves took off for Tuscaloosa right after the game.  Lucy insisted that we go to Cracker Barrel to have lunch (which turned out to be a decent idea since I found Reeves a halloween costume while we were there).  Chris called a couple of times to tell me how excited Reeves was and that they were OK.

Around 2:00, Chris called to tell me that Reeves had gotten a little carsick on the way to the game....but he was feeling better.  Little did I know, he was NOT OK!  Chris called back right at kickoff to say that Reeves had thrown up again and that he wanted to come home.  He sounded so very sad....and, what I mean is, he sounded so sad for Reeves.  It broke my heart!

Lucy and I headed out for a birthday party (which was great fun by the way!), and left mom home with a sleeping baby G.  I thought that Chris and Reeves would get home and that he would be better.  I am VERY prone to carsickness, and so is Reeves.  I just thought this was a bad case of carsickness...nothing more.

Man, was I wrong.  Currently, Reeves has yet to keep even ice chips down.  He is in horrible pain with his stomach and the phenergan hasn't really kicked in yet.  Chris went to lay down with him and they are watching a little Power Rangers Jungle Fury....I'm praying he falls asleep soon. 

When they got home from the game, my mom said that Reeves was absolutely miserable.  It broke her heart when he said "But Charcey, I only got to see the stadium..."

Why did this have to happen TODAY!?

I know this is going to be hard to believe, but this is the FIRST stomach virus that has EVER happened in our house.  Seriously!  And, it had to happen TODAY!?  My sweet baby boy wanted to sit in that stadium and cheer for Julio....

The greatest blessing in all of this is that I have a dad who is a pediatrician.  It is very helpful (and maybe a little too convenient sometimes) and I am soooo very grateful for it!  My Daddy is wonderful about helping out and he has a soft spot for Reeves (being the only boy in this family of millions of girls!).  He called in some medicine and Chris took off to get it.  

In the meantime, I was dealing with a sick boy, a whiny Lucy, and a tired Greer.  While I was trying to get Greer down, Reeves found his way to her room.  He was sick again, and Lucy was there for moral support.  I sent them across the hall to hang out for a minute, and just minutes later....

Greer threw up E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.!

And, for a few minutes....I didn't move.

I composed myself, called for reinforcements (Lucy was the only option), and headed to the bathroom.  Picture this: 

Greer and I covered in sick.  Reeves moaning in the other room.  Lucy gagging.

It WAS NOT PRETTY!!!

I bathed Greer, put her to bed, cleaned up myself, put Lucy to bed, waited for Chris while holding Reeves, gave Reeves some medicine, tucked him in bed, tucked Chris in the same bed, and well.....

Now, I'm waiting....

What surprise will God have in store for me tonight?!  I'm praying for peace and sleep.  We'll just have to wait and see!

3 kind words:

Bethany Edgeworth said...

I feel ya! Stomach bugs are no fun!!! Hope everyone gets to feeling better...and I really hope and pray that you guys don't get it!

Youngblood Family said...

Megan! Gosh! I hope everyone is okay today! We were there last weekend so I can empathize!!!

Janet said...

Sarah had this last Sunday night. She threw up 10 times! High fever, too. Fortunately she recovered quickly and Abby never got it. I hope everyone is better now-