Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Year In Pictures....One Month at a Time!

You can find all of these pictures somewhere on the blog, but I just felt this strong urge to post them all here again.  What a year it has been, my friends!  It has been life changing for us....a year that has carried us down paths we never even knew existed.  A tiny baby girl (who's going to be ONE a week from Saturday) started our year off with a bang, and we will forever be changed by her love and blessings upon our little family.  

As I was choosing the pictures to use for the post, I was overcome with emotion.  Good thing the teardrops can't blur the typing!  What an amazing journey my faithful God has walked us through these past 12 months!!!!  My cup runneth over, friends....it runneth over (Psalm 23:5)!


January 2008.....We meet a precious baby girl who will ROCK our WORLD!!!  Sweet G is born  January 10, 2008


February 2008....My best girlfriends from church (thanks for all you have been for me this year girls!) take me out for some fun on my 32nd birthday.  We painted our masterpieces at "Sips 'n Strokes."  It was soooo much fun (and a much needed baby break!)


March 2008...Our first Easter as a family of 5. Our church family went through some MAJOR changes this year, and it has really challenged our faith and our journey in the church we call home.  We had to trust so much in God's grace through the whole experience, and He has moved in amazing ways to grow a congregation and to build a body of faith that is STRONG and UNBREAKABLE!  We are still healing, but we are putting all our trust in Him.  Thank you Jesus for the blessings of a wonderful church home!  
P.S.  Lucy sported broken leg #2 this past Easter!  A purple cast this time....to match our family wardrobe!


April 2008....As usual, baseball ruled our Spring!!!  I am guessing that this will be a familiar theme for years to come!!!!  My baby is ALL BOY!!!

May 2008...Chef Lucy enjoys lots of cooking time around her 4th birthday!  She has a "cooking party" and Reeves enjoys a cool "baseball night" with the Barons of Birmingham to celebrate turning 6!  Good times, good times!!!


June 2008...First Summer Camp experience for Reeves (and his buddy Cole).  We have been anxiously awaiting the day when Reeves could experience Camp Sumatanga.  Chris and I met there, and it holds a special place in our hearts.  It is truly Holy Ground and a place where we both grew by leaps and bounds in our faith.  May ALL our children create many happy memories there (and it's not a bad place to find your soulmate),  just like we did!!!


July 2008...Making all of Greer's food from scratch.  It's a first for me, and one of the best
experiences of my parenting life.  I feel like I gave her such a special beginning....it was fun 
for all of us.  I truly believe that it has been the reason for her awesome eating habits.  Sweet G (or "G-Money" as the kids like to call her) loves her food....currently she is eating us out of HOUSE and HOME!!!


August 2008....First day of school for the big kids!  Reeves starts 1st grade with Mrs. Anderson, and Lucy starts 4K with Miss Frazier.  It has been a big year for both kids...they have grown up
so much!  I just can't believe how old they look in this picture!!!  August (and school) also 
introduced us to our new friends, The Henleys.  Jennifer and I have talked about God's hand 
in our meeting.  Only God could place our girls together so that we might meet.  This family
has been and will continue to be at the top of my prayer list, but most importantly, we have 
found a family who will be friends for a lifetime.  We love you Jen and Alan and we pray
for you everyday!  If you would like to be in prayer for them and catch up on the story, please visit their Caring Bridge Site....This families faith is astounding!


September 2008....Football Season!  ROOOOOOOll, Tide, ROll!!!


October 2008..It's a great Halloween for all of us.  We continue with the Disney theme.  We choose "The Little Mermaid" this time, and Reeves reluctantly agrees to be Prince Eric.  Well, as long as he can wear the rest of his Pirate garb while we Trick or Treat!!!


November 2008....Treatment #5 (actually, it was right at the beginning of December).
What a year we have had with such a sweet baby girl!  I hate for her to be defined by a birthmark....for our Awesome God is so much bigger than a birthmark.  But, I can't deny it.
The adventure that Greer's Port Wine Stain has taken us on has been simply amazing.  
Through this journey, we have grown.  We have made friends we will have for a lifetime.  We have learned things beyond our imagination, and we have been able to share God's love. 
I have met women and men of faith whom I may never have met had Greer not been born with her "beauty mark."  I have had the opporunity to educate, learn from, pray for, support, cry with, laugh with, understand, and listen to dozens of families going through the same thing either personally or with their little ones.  God works in mysterious ways my friends, and we are JUST beginning our walk of faith when it comes to Greer's birthmark story.  Praise be to God for surprises beyond our imagination!!!


December 2008....Tired of this picture yet??? Well, sorry, but it is one of my favorite moments of 2008.  I can't even describe feelings that this photo conjures up for me.  There was such JOY
in their hearts and eyes in this moment in time, and I am so grateful that it is captured on film.  Thank you Dear Father for ALL our many Blessings!!!

3 kind words:

Aspiemom said...

Great flashback, Megan! I enjoyed the pics

ASHLEY said...

WHAT GREAT MEMORIES YOU HAVE!! I KNOW YOU'LL CHERISH THEM FOREVER!!

Anna said...

what a great idea! i may have to try that (a little late...but better than never!) what a wonderful year! i always love reading your blog! you're so REAL! hope yall are doing well!