Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Milestones, Memories, and Fashion Faux Pas


I took this picture of Lucy tonight, and it got me to thinkin'.  How many little moments do we miss just because life is too busy for us to slow down and soak it all in???  Tonight I saw her, and thought, I can't let this one pass me by.  

You see, it's been a warm (and wet) couple of days here in the South.  Lucy came home from gymnastics today and changed out of her gymnastics leotard into a bathing suit (oh, and these athletic socks of Reeves').  Isn't that what you would have done??  She had a good time running around and playing, but when Daddy said he was headed out to fire up the grill (in the pouring down rain, no less)...well, Lucy was in!  First she asked for a jacket, but when she got out on the covered deck, she realized that some pants might also be in order.  So, here you have it.....athletic socks, bathing suit, winter jacket, and Christmas themed leggings.  

Who says my girl has no fashion sense???  

And, while I'm at it, here are some more snapshots of our week....


Chris, Reeves, Lucy, Aunt Becca (my youngest sister), and Landon (her sweet boyfriend) hangin' out watchin' the game (which turned out to be pretty pathetic if you were rootin' for the Tide)!


A random picture I know, but I must share the hilarity of this one.  I am NOT kidding y'all!!! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. my mother comes to visit, she does this:  

The woman (God bless her) writes down her cell phone number for each of the kids!  You wanna know why????  (I mean this is insane).  She wants them to be able to call her if I'm being mean to them.  It has sort of become a joke between us, but the kids take it VERY seriously.  Any time I get on to them, their first reply is..."I'M CALLING CHARCEY!!!"  

Sure, laugh, but it is true my friends!!!  


Thought you might like to see a snapshot of my proud snaggle-toothed boy!  He has been beside himself since the tooth fairy made a visit!!! 

Oh, speaking of fairies....


Guess what PRECIOUS little baby girl is turning 1 on Saturday!!!!  I can hardly believe it myself!  Massive birthday postings are sure to come!

1 kind words:

Aspiemom said...

I loved reading this post and seeing your pictures. I really laughed at Lucy's getup - mostly because of the progression of it.

And your mom sounds so fun! I bet the kids get such a charge out of that!

LOVE that picture of Greer!