Saturday, January 3, 2009

IT'S JUST A HA HA THING!!!

Sometimes the second string QB has to be put in and this is one of those times. Megan is at work and this is my first post, so bear with me.  This story cannot be left untold. Our oldest child (Reeves) had his first visit from the tooth fairy last night, so we were all excited and getting prepared for the first fairy visit to the Mileski household. We were administering our parent role (wink wink) to make sure Reeves' first visit from the tooth fairy would be unforgettable. Was it ever!! 


Megan went to bed during the Alabama game ( in hind sight, not a bad idea), so I was left with the parental responsibility of making sure that the tooth fairy had access to Reeves' room (wink wink again). About 11pm (after Alabama was embarrassed on national tv and FOX was finished showing obnoxious Utah fans and band members) I needed to ask Megan where THE MOST IMPORTANT COMPONENT HAD BEEN LEFT (know what I mean). Of course, Megan was, at this point, extremely asleep. I, being the loving gentle husband that I am, carefully and quietly asked her "Meg, where is the (well you know what I mean)?" At this point, most people wake up and answer the question, even though they might be a little sleepy. Not my wife, no sir, not my wife. The next series of utterances made about as much sense as a solar powered flashlight, or a screen door on a submarine, or even a box of hair. Megan replied in a slurred and hypnotic state "It's a ha ha thing...it's just for fun..." I responded once again very gently and  carefully as a loving husband should.  "Meg, where is the (insert certain mouthy item)" Once again, she utters and slurs, "It's a ha ha thing, just take care of it...It's a ha ha thing."

My mother in law laughed so hard that she actually snorted and I once again got to experience Megan in her most tired state. I love when Megan is very tired. I look forward to this coming week when I can once again wake her up and see what is flying around in that pretty little head. Stay tuned for more from the backup quarterback.

Chris

6 kind words:

Ginger said...

Okay Chris, You did an excellent job "filling" in for your wife. I love this story. Andy could tell ya about some of my times too. I sleep walk and talk a lot when I am super tired. As far as Bama goes, no need to worry. At least you don't root for Tennessee! Talk about some disappointment going on here.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

YOU are B.A.D - BAD!

Remember what they say about payback :)

Amy said...

Oh I am laughing so hard and loving this story. Ha Ha!!

Kristin said...

I think my poor husband is still in mourning after that game. Wow.

The last tooth Josh lost we were both exhausted that night and both fell asleep before we took care of business.

The next morning a horrified Josh came down to tell us that his older brother told him bad kids didn't get anything from the tooth fairy and his tooth was still there so he must have been bad.

Gotta love those older brothers!

Aspiemom said...

Watch out, Megan, next he'll be putting a video on of you snoring in your sleep or somethig.

We want to hear about the payback!

Bethany Edgeworth said...

This is definitely funny, but Chris...you are so wrong for that!