Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In an attempt to get REAL with you people....

Just so you know....we let our children fall asleep on the couch more than we should!  Sometimes, they have NOT brushed their teeth AND they have dirty faces.

And while I'm in the confessing mood Reeves went to bed last night with a cup of juice.  And well, he ended up wetting the bed.  He is currently sleeping on the top bunk because the bottom bunk (the one he wet) is stripped and has baking soda sprinkled all over the stained spot.  To make things even better, the stinky linens are piled up in his room because I had to work today and I didn't have time to get them in the wash!  

Lucy stayed up till 9 o'clock eating Pringles and watching Max and Ruby.  She wanted to wait up for me (and she got a nap today which is always a sure fire way to keep her up till 9:30 at least), and I let her go to bed with her Storybook Reader....and Reeves has his DS in his bed!

I still haven't written the thank you notes for some Christmas gifts we got, I have a wedding gift that needs to be shipped out to a friend who got married in November, and I have yet to deliver some of our relatives Christmas gifts.

I am WAY behind on my Bible Study, and I am the LEADER....for Heaven's sake!

I cussed at my laundry the other day when I washed and dried a tube of RED lipstick with the ONLY 2 pairs of jeans that fit me, 2 of Greer's new outfits, and one of the few pairs of jeans that Reeves owns without holes in the knees.  P.S.  I worked really hard on it (after considering throwing it all out and using it as a good excuse to buy a bunch of new clothes)....and I got MOST of it out!  

I started back on Weight Watchers Monday (yeah, RIGHT), only to eat Panera for lunch and go out to dinner with my girlfriends.  I ate a big plate of pasta full of LOTS of bad stuff, AND I drank a big 'ole (highly caloric) Pomegranate Margarita.  But, oh my, it was all SOOO delicious!

I am choosing ME and I am getting back in the gym.  My floors will have dust bunnies, my laundry will pile up, my bed won't get made (THAT'S a lie...I make my bed every day.  It's one of my "things"), the dishes may not get loaded, there will be toys all over the den...but I will have at LEAST one uninterrupted hour at the gym with my children safely in the childcare area (or at school).  It will do WONDERS for my mental health....not to mention my body (here's to hoping)!  

My car is so filthy that it looks like I have driven through the desert and allowed my children to eat every meal while finger-painting on the ceiling.  It is seriously in need of some attention!  Greer's carseat cover has a milk stain on it that has been there since before Halloween, and there are probably french fries growing fungus under her seat (not that I would EVER give her a french fry!!)

And, oh my my, there are MANY more....

Stay tuned for more of MY REAL LIFE!!!

8 kind words:

Kristin said...

Are you me? :o)

I am a clean freak so my house right now with all the clutter and stuff laying out where it shouldn't be is driving me up the wall.

I'm calling in reinforcements tonight...MOM...to watch the boys while I clean and get things back to normal.

I have 3 friends flying in from Chicago tomorrow and I haven't done 90% of the stuff I need to do.

John will be gone until 9:30PM tonight with his Top Gun Bible Study group so I'll be on my own.

I have 2 things that MUST get done before I leave my office today and rather than doing them...I'm reading blogs.

Janet said...

I really like this side of you - now I know we have even more in common!

Aspiemom said...

Isn't Reeves so going to kill you for putting on here that he wet the bed???? lol

Sounds like you are a normal household. Especially when you're juggling your nursing job and a family! I would feel very at home coming to visit!

Susan said...

Thank you for making my life seem real also. I can relate with your life and lifestyle.
I love how honest you were about your family, children and home. Thank you, thank you.
Have a great day and keep up the great work with your beautiful children.
Susan

lenwa said...

i love it! i love you! misses!

Bethany Edgeworth said...

I love this one! Don't think for one second you are the only one...I'm right there with ya.

~Beth D. said...

Your story about Reeves reminded me that, although I had put the bedsheets in the washer after a similar incidence, I did not put them in the dryer. Therefore, they now stink even more. (this belongs on a "NOT ME Monday!")

Thanks for making me feel normal.

kristyo15 said...

Oh my goodness, this is sooo me! :) Love the real-ness! :)