Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Apple (or 2) a Day.....

may keep the doctor away, but
making sure the medicine goes down is another
sure fire way to keep your kiddos healthy and happy!

I meant to get this post up yesterday, but I had to work (if you didn't know, I'm an L&D nurse and I work 2 days a week).  So anyway, here it is!  We've all been pretty puny lately, and Greer seems to get every little cold that is within a 2 mile radius.  The doctor actually decided to put her on Zyrtec back before Christmas because she just seemed to be "runny and red" all the time.  It has worked wonders! (Oh, and so have these little goodies....I love them)!

After several nights in a row of fighting and cleaning those little syringes that come with the medicines, I had a revelation.  What if I just poured her medicine into the tip of a bottle nipple and let her suck it out?

Well, if I do say so myself, that was about the greatest little find I have made as a mother....I'm just sad that I've just now discovered it!  I sort of doubt Reeves will be too keen on the trick.  The coolest part is that you can combine all your meds (the basics like tylenol, motrin, benadryl, or whatever) all into a little measuring cup, and then just pour it in the nipple (just make sure you put your finger over the hole).  To give it to her, I just lay her down on her changing pad and put it in her mouth.  The sucking reflex kicks in, and it's gone!  Best part!?

No Mess!!!


1 kind words:

Anna said...

impressive! might have to try that one!