Monday, January 12, 2009

Not me!, Monday




Good morning friends!  It's that time again.....Not Me Monday time that is!  Gives all us perfect mothers a chance to poke a little fun at all our winning parenting moments!  Check out MckMama's blog for more fun moments.  You'll be amazed how much we all have in common!


My baby girl, Greer, did NOT turn ONE on Saturday!  I am not sad about it and I do NOT wish I could just re-live every single moment again.  She is NOT the most perfect, lovely, delicious, hilarious baby there ever was!!!  And she does NOT eat anything we put in front of her OR sleep for 18 hours a day.  Nope, I could never be that lucky!!!

That same baby did NOT eat an whole birthday cake...2 days in a row!!!  I did not let her devour an entire cake at her birthday party on Saturday and then a second one for a family photo shoot on Sunday.  She did NOT handle it in true "Daddy" fashion and show us that she, too, has a massive sweet tooth.  Seriously, y'all, she can NOT hold her cake!!!

She did NOT literally DANCE while she ate that cake at the photographer's house, and we were NOT all rolling with laughter at how hilarious she was.  I was NOT sad that I didn't catch it all on video!!!  The pictures are NOT gonna be priceless though, and you know that I'm NOT gonna be posting them here as soon as they are ready!!!

It was NOT a big fat mess to clean up and I feel like I am never going to get all that icing out of her hair and clothes!!!

I did NOT stay up WAY too late last night posting about the anniversary of the day after Greer was born.  It did NOT make me cry and praise our Heavenly Father for the gift of my third little angel.  My cup does NOT runneth over, my friends!!!

Guess it's a Birthday Edition of Not Me Monday here.  Back to the REAL winning Not Me moments next week....I'm bound to have more than a few!!!
What about you!?


8 kind words:

Kristin said...

I have had quite a few Not me! moments in the last week. Just finished up my post. :o)

Unknown said...

I love first birthdays and all the messiness. Nothing quite like it. Your baby is darling. Great NMM's. Have a great week.

erin said...

how precious! it's so crazy how the first year flies by though isn't it?! enjoy every moment!

Anonymous said...

And I can not wait to see those pictures!

Unknown said...

Is that a cupcake smocked dress to go with her cupcakes for birthday cake?! How cute/sweet/fun! Great Not Me's!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday sweet Greer. I love we can share the same special day. It is so hard to believe she is 1.

Anonymous said...

She is a doll....a year goes fast doesn't it....I read some of the other posts, you have had a trying year, but praise the LORD for the celebration of your precious daughter's birthday! i'm sure my not me post will be very similar after little munchkin's one yr. bash!

Summer said...

Hi Megan...I found your blog and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading--your heart for God and your famiy has truly encouraged me--thanks for taking the time to share! Summer Sisk O'Neal