Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy (1st) Birthday Greer!!!


A baker, I am not.  

At least it tasted Yummy!!!  This morning, I found myself saying (over and over again, if only in my head).... "The best laid plans..."  In hindsight, deciding to make Greer's birthday cake (and cupcakes for the rest of us) was probably a bad idea.  I was trying to be a little bit domesticated and save a little bit of money.  I didn't factor in that I didn't have any idea what I was doing had to work yesterday and would be really tired and busy getting the house ready for a few guests.  Most of the credit should go to my mom who I worked like a dog was gracious enough to help me pull it all off in no time!!

Anyhoo....


Greer (and the rest of our precious friends and family) didn't seem to mind too much!  In fact....we had a delightful afternoon!!!  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for my Sweet Baby G!!!



At least she thought it tasted pretty yummy!!!  Love the bib?  We sure did!!!  I just wish she would have worn the adorable matching hat....it was too cute!  Maybe next year (it has a "G" on it instead of a "1").  

Wanna see a little "live" party action?!  If you're not my sister in Virginia, or Joan....you might find this a little dull.  

WE sure think it's cute, though.  Oh, and don't forget to pause the music (or not...I think it is cooler when you have the tunes on top of the voices....like watching a movie)!!!

2 kind words:

ASHLEY said...

SHE IS JUST PRECIOUS!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!!

Aspiemom said...

I loved the video! I was totally bored, so was glad that I came on and found that. She just was taking in all of her surroundings, wasn't she? And loving that cake!

I thought the cake looked great! I don't know what you mean about it not being your thing, because I really thought it was a cool first birthday cake.