Monday, September 29, 2008

What Really Matters


It really doesn't matter that I keep changing things around here on the blog site (and more cool changes to come...promise!), or that I didn't get around to putting away any of the laundry today (although everything is clean and folded in the laundry room....I just gotta put it away), or that I can't seem to keep my house straight and clutter-free no matter how hard I try, or that I have no clue what Reeves needs to do to earn his required Cub Scout badges, or that Lucy should wear really cute clothes to school because this is the South and all the little girls need to wear really cute clothes to school, or that the kids bikes are out in the front yard (oh and the helmet and the golf clubs and the bug spray can and the sidewalk chalk), or that my car looks like a Yoo-Hoo exploded in it, or that my closet looks like a department store threw up in it, or that....well, you get the point!

It matters that my friends know I am here to listen to their struggles, that my kids know I care enough about their day to sit down and listen to EVERY LITTLE detail!, that my small group knows that I have prayed for them this week while we are apart, that my friend Jennifer knows that I am not helping her because I want something in return but that I am helping her because it is what I DESIRE to do, that I am compassionate in my care of my patients and that I realize that my chosen career is a ministry (a calling) and not just a job,  and that I don't pray because I want God to GIVE me what I desire but that I pray because I am YEARNING to be in a deeper relationship with him.  

Just so you know....

0 kind words: