Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wrestling Matches and Prayers

Tonight we fought the wrestling match of the century on our....bed.  


Not what you're thinking (mind out of gutter, please)! Chris, Reeves, Lucy and I had a wrestling match.  It was completely silly and goofy and fun.  Chris (aka Cobra) fought the evil Lowercase i (aka Reeves) and his partner in crime, Splash Mountain (aka Lucy).  Waiting in the wings to take on the victor was Green Eye (that would be me).  Lowercase i even fought a couple of matches in honor of G Money (aka baby Greer... who was fast asleep and totally oblivious to the monumental event taking place just one floor below!).  

It was beyond fun and we loved laughing together.  Our kids are adorable and funny and we love getting to know them more in these intimate moments.  

After our workout, we did what we really love to do.  We all prayed together.  The kids each chose the prayers they wanted to say, and we took turns (with various rules and variations depending on the "pray-er").  Lucy is very specific with her rules for praying.  She likes you to repeat what she says and to mean it!  The sweetest thing she prayed for tonight was this...

"For Skylar's daddy to get that head thing off so he can play with us, Amen!"

I can't wait to tell Jennifer about that prayer...it's one we are all praying for!

1 kind words:

Pam O'Brien said...

Hi! Just checking in to see how your bible study is going. We had our first meeting last night. It was great and I'm so excited. I know God is going to bring me up and out - changes-are-a-happenin'!!
After all I said about how we split Beth's studies into two weeks for each lesson, I learned last night that for this study, we're going to attempt to do it as written. :-) I think that's because of the 2-days-for-each-Psalm-of-the-Ascent-thing...
I'll have my work cut out for me... but I'm thrilled.
Let me know how your group is doing.

Have a great weekend! Pam