Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Listening!


I think that everything happens for a reason. I believe that God is in all things and that He moves in mysterious ways. Most of the time, I give God the credit He deserves, but sometimes I need to be reminded.


Over the past few weeks, I have felt like God has been trying to get my attention. Pounding at my door, jumping up and down in front of my face, and leading me over and over into situations where He is calling me to do more and be more. I feel like everything I do and feel and think and see is some divine message, and it is making me feel like I am coming out of my skin (in a good way, bear with me)! I feel like I am back in His presence, and it is amazing. It's hard not to spill it all out in one long post, but I don't have the time or energy to do it all at once, either.

This week, I have many challenges ahead of me (mostly just a lot on my proverbial plate!).

I am starting a Bible Study at my church tomorrow night, and I am beyond excited about it (and still needing to get myself ready to lead it). I am so hungry for some deep, spiritual goodness and fellowship. It is one of the things God has been beating my door down about, so it will be great to get it going. I am praying each day for all of my small group members. I love each and every one of them and I can't wait to "dig in".

I am in the process of trying to do as much as possible to help my friend Jennifer Henley as she prepares to bring her beloved, Alan, home. I'm excited about all of the people who are stepping up to help with meals and whatever else Jennifer needs. I can't wait to tell Jennifer that she is going to have meals coming.....for a very long time!!! I hope it lightens her load just a little. If you would like to help out with a meal, please email me (meganmileski@mac.com)!

I have a big test on Friday (a certification exam that I am electively taking just because....crazy, I know). I am not as prepared as I would like to be, but I am trusting God to get me through it. I really feel like He is in all of these things and I just have other things that are more important to me than studying right now. I'm giving this one to God.....

Oh, yeah, I also have that Zoo fieldtrip tomorrow, have to remember to dress Lucy for picture day tomorrow, and have to teach "Breathing and Relaxation" to some pregnant mamas and papas on Thursday....whew!

Gotta go, Greer just woke up from her nap, and we have a fun afternoon ahead. Skylar and Lucy have gymnastics (the picture is from last Tuesday after gymnastics). Aren't they just adorable together!

0 kind words: