Monday, September 22, 2008

Not me!, a Drama Queen, and Bathtime

**Update** I forgot that I snapped these pictures day before yesterday when we were playing out in the yard with Nana. I think that this incident is what started the "loud noise phobia" that has overtaken my dear, sweet baby G.





It started out innocently enough, playing with our sweet dog, Nana, in the front yard.
Greer loves Nana, and has never had any fear of her.
Until.....



A big truck drove down our street and turned
around in our cul de sac. Nana decided to bark
VERY LOUDLY
in baby G's ear!

Doesn't that face just BREAK. YOUR. HEART!!!

I have had a busy day (Home Goods, Publix, Home to unload, Costco, Publix (I forgot something), Bank, Picked up G at Mother's Day Out (didn't forget about her this time), Carpool for Lucy and Skylar, Home to unload, Cooking!, Took dinner to a friend and picked up Lucy, Home for Dinner, Bath, Homework, Bedtime, Dishes, Picked up, whew!!!), and I'm pretty tired, but I just have to post about a few things. It's therapy for me to do this, you know. It's partly preservation of memories and partly cathartic. Here goes....

I had so much fun with "Not Me!" Monday, and I totally encourage you to join in on the fun if you are a blogger (and even if you aren't). It is very freeing! I have loved reading the other ones that are linked from MckMama's blog.

Lucy gave me another dramatic "pearl" that I must share (along with the "how babies are born"conversation from last night, but that is a whole post in and of itself). She came to me after dinner with this little statement.

"Mom! I REEEEEEEally need something to DRIIInK!" (pause) "I haven't had anything in DAAAAAAAYs!"

Seriously, DAYS!? (Oh, and by the way, I did NOT let her have coffee in a sippy cup for the ride to school this morning)!

I cooked A LOT today. I mean alot, and it was so fun! I have some new/perfected recipes to share, but I will probably do that tomorrow. Tomorrow is also a day for laundry, and work (I have a new legal case I am reviewing and will try to finish up while Greer naps), and rest, and babyfood making. I plan to make batches of sweet potatoes, squash, peaches, blueberries, and brocolli. Maybe a few other things if I have time. After school, Lucy and Skylar have gymnastics and of course I'll be there, too.

Greer has developed a "loud noise" phobia that is considerable. I'm afraid that it has escalated to a fear of bathtime that is quite serious....get ready for a stinky baby, ya'll! I will not torture my child more than ABSOLUTELY necessary! (and for another I DID NOT, well, I did NOT rub her down with baby lotion just before Mothers Day Out so her teachers would think she was nice and clean)!

Did I mention that Danielle is giving my blog a makeover? I can hardly WAIT to see the finished product. It is going to be awesome, and so much more "me". The whole "premade" template thing is getting on my nerves and I have no idea how to do this stuff myself, so I gave myself an early Christmas present.....a blogover! Stay tuned! It should be done in a week or 2.

I am really excited about Bible Study on Wednesday night. We are going to have about 15 in all doing Beth Moore's "Stepping Up"....It is a great group of women, and I am beyond blessed to get to know them (and my wonderful Savior) more!

Guess that's it for now.

4 kind words:

Weeksie50 said...

Days huh? lol. it sounds like you do have a real drama queen on your hands.. to funny.

Mindy said...

ok, I just wanted to tell you that I think it is hilarious that you call it a coinslot!! I about died laughing when I read your comment on Angie's blog;)

Also, I know exactly what you mean. It starts with the mothers modeling modesty!! I see boobies all the time when women are bending over taking care of their kids, at church! Sad thing is that our husbands are exposed to those boobie/coinslot shots too, while they are at church!

Mindy said...

Btw...I am Mindy...nice to meet you! Your kids are very cute!! I smiled when you wrote about your baby being scared by loud noises, and that you make HOMEMADE BABY FOOD!! Impressive.

Bean's Mama said...

A friend of mine found your blog and encouraged me to check it out. I am so glad I did!! Your stories have been very helpful for me. My daughter is sick with an undiagnosed bowel issue and is going through numerous tests. The next is a colon biopsy which is coming up soon. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.