Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Now that the dishwasher is running....

I am finally sitting down for what seems like the first time today!  I look forward every night to that final chore of the evening, and when I hear the sweet hum of the dishwasher and turn out the kitchen lights I know it's time to relax a little....ahh!



Greer had her first day of Mother's Day Out today.  Here in the South, Mother's Day Out is a very popular, economical, and safe environment for little ones.  Let's face it....it's heaven on earth!  It's sort of like a 4 hour playdate without Mommy (but with 2 sweet grandmothers).  Greer spent the morning with Mrs. Christy and Mrs. Linda and 4 other little boys (a couple of them were already friends).  Yep, she was the only girl today....and she showed 'em who was boss!  She did wonderfully, and it was nice to get my errands run without having to drag her in and out of stores.  She got a great nap in her own little crib, and made some new friends.  

I think it is going to be nice for both of us and I couldn't be happier with the program (at a local church).  I plan to use these 12ish hours each week to run errands, attend to personal appointments (i.e. the essentials like pedis and eyebrow waxes and maybe some dental upkeep), volunteer at the other kid's schools, and one day a week I will work in Labor and Delivery (Chris will work from home those days and MDO will give him some quality work time).  Not to mention, it's the start of her social life! 

 Good times!  


After dropping Greer off, Chris and I came back home.  I had intended to get right to the errand running, but I was not as prepared as I had hoped.  I have been putting off the CVS trip because frankly I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the whole thing.  I organized my coupons and made my list and was off to bite the bullet.  It turned out pretty well I think, and I came away with $27 in Extra Care Bucks...I can't wait till next week.  When I get all the kinks worked out I plan to give you a little bit more details about the ins and outs of how I'm doing with it!


Well, my CVS adventure took me up till about 11:20....and I had a long list of other things to get done.  I headed to the mall to purchase a new glass turntable for my microwave (it exploded in an unfortunate incident several weeks ago....it's just amazing that the entire microwave wasn't lost in the mishap), but Sears doesn't carry them.  I decided not to let my mall trip be completely pointless and so I headed for Children's Place to buy Lucy some new socks for school.  Around here, we live in sandals and flip flops and crocs in the Summer.  For almost a month now, Lucy has been wearing socks that are absurdly too small....it is getting kind of embarrassing.

Since I was close to the food court, I decided that a Chick-fil-a salad was in order.  Had I known what was about to transpire, I might have decided to eat in my car like any other sensible lone diner.  But, no, I made the decision to eat alone....in the food court.  

I hate eating alone...especially when I am in a hurry.  I feel like I look like some ravenous fool gobbling down the last supper.  So, what could make this any worse?  Try CHOKING on your food.  Yep, I choked.  In the mall.  By myself.  That's all the details you are gettting because it was beyond humiliating (and if you know me and read this you are not at all surprised that this happened to me)!  I will eat in my car from now on (and if you see me choking, please call 911)!


After the mall, I had exactly 30 minutes to get a few things from Costco.  If you know me at all, you know that Costco is probably my favorite store.....ever.  I really should be on their payroll.  I can drop $500 in no time, and that is why I have discovered that when it comes to Costco, I need limits.  I must follow a list and only have 30 minutes to shop.  I did really well today...really well.  My plan is working so far.


I loaded up and headed off to pick up all my girls.  Today we had the pleasure of spending some time with sweet Skylar.  Her Daddy is Alan Henley, the man I have asked you to pray for (check out his caring bridge site over on the right), and her Mommy had a really tough day today.  Please pray for Jennifer and Alan....they are simply precious and have amazing faith!  I am confident that God has unbelievable things planned for their future, and I can't wait to see it!

We headed to storytime at our local library with Miss Katie Jane.  She is phenomenal, and the girls had a great time.  We ran in to lots of dear friends, and it was just a wonderful time.  I just love my little town!


This afternoon we played and played and played some more.  I continued my tomato/basil/feta obsession with a yummy chicken dish, and the kids LOVED it.  Chris had to head to Florida for business, so the nighttime routine was a bit exhausting, but pretty smooth.  I've resorted to bathing Greer in the sink lately, and I am wondering why I never thought of this before....we both love it.

So, it was a great day, and I need to go now.  I'm looking forward to hearing Sarah Palin's speech in a few minutes......

Have I mentioned that I really LOVE her!?

2 kind words:

Lola said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by. You have beautiful babies!

stacey said...

Let me just say that Mrs. Linda would NOT appreciate being referred to as a grandma!! Glad school went well. Sad to hear she's now sick! Stop by and say hey sometime. I'm always there!