Monday, April 20, 2009

Tagged....8 Things!

I've been tagged, and I'm really loving this one!  Danielle, my fabulous blog designer friend, picked me for this one, and I thought it was pretty cool.  It's a fun little way to get to know more about me (and my fam)! 


8 things I am looking forward to:

1.  Walt Disney World....we leave for our trip on May 17th, and I. can't. wait!  WDW is just about my most favorite place in the whole wide world, and this trip is going to be amazing.  We are leaving Greer behind, and looking forward to making it awesome for the big kids.  Lucy has only been one time (when she was 9 months old) and she is going to just die!  We are all so excited!

2.  Summer....I am so ready for all things summer (well, everything but the insanely humid Alabama weather)....Popsicles on the porch.  Flip-flops.  Late nights and Lazy mornings.  Bare Feet.  Dinner at the pool.  Hangin' out all day in our bathing suits.  Vine-ripe tomatoes.  Lightening Bugs.  Sleepovers on Tuesdays (or Mondays or Fridays or Thursdays).  No schedules and nothing much to do.  Fresh basil from the pots on my deck.  The smell of fresh cut grass and barbecues.  Playin' outside till dark.  Dirty feet.  Goin' to the beach!!!

3.  Meeting Henry!...My sister Rachel had her first baby boy in March (she already gave me 2 precious nieces).  She lives pretty far away, and we probably won't meet him for a while.  I can't wait to hold him and love on him and tell him how much his big cousin, Reeves, appreciates him coming into our world.  We are so excited to have another boy in the bunch!  He is just beautiful!

4.  My new work schedule...I'll be working less weekends (just one a month) and having more time with my wonderful husband and kids.  I really miss a lot when I work every other weekend, and this schedule is going to be so much better for us!  I'll start the new schedule mid-May!

5.  Getting to know our new church family!...I haven't really talked about it much (yet), but our family has been visiting a new church and we are pretty hooked!  God was so in this move and we are so excited about this ride we are on.  Our kids love it, we love it, and we are on fire about what God is doing there (and how we can be a part of it all).  I promise to expand on this more later.....it is a big transition for us!

6.  A new business venture....still working out the details on this one, but it is looking pretty promising.  TOTALLY not something you would expect from me, but v. cool none-the-less.  Stay tuned!

7.  Date Night....I love being with Chris alone, and well, that doesn't happen very often.  We don't have a date planned yet, but I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow about what/when we want to have our next one.  Being together alone is so vital to our relationship....  I just miss him so much!  Since he started back on Rick and Bubba last week, I feel like I never see him anymore!   I love my husband!

8.  Sleeping late one day.  One day.



8 things I did Thursday yesterday (I started this post on Friday and just finished it today....so SUE me!):

1.  Woke up alone.... Chris leaves at 4:30 or so, and usually one or both of the big kids comes down and crawls in to bed with me between 4 and 5.  We had a late night because of the ballgame, and they didn't come down till after 6:30......that rarely happens.

2.  Thursday playgroup at Angela's!....The kiddos played, we ate (really yummy goodies:  turkey avocado wraps, fresh fruit, and banana pudding), and in general had a great time (as always)!

3.  Went shopping at Costco.....The plan was to just run in for some diapers, wipes, and Kashi waffles, but...well, I am sort of a Costco fanatic, and that just didn't happen.  My most awesome finds included:  3 Baby Lulu outfits for Greer, a Hartstrings dress for Lucy, and a 3-pack of Speedo's goggles for Reeves.  Did I mention that I am addicted to Costco?

4.  5 (Plus!) loads of Laundry (and I put them away, too!)......Oh, and I washed crib sheets that Greer tee-teed on, got the sucker stains off of Lucy's most favorite dress, and cleaned cat-poop out of the sink.  Picked watermelon out of the carpet, took the garbage out and fed the animals, and took pictures of my friend's children.  I live a fabulous life!

5.  Cheered on the 7 year old Braves (who didn't win, but fought a good fight!).

6.  Stubbed my toe on the sidewalk (while I unloaded groceries in my bare feet) and burned my hand (cooking pasta).  Did I mention that I'm a clutz!?  And just a little side-note:  My burn is a nasty mess and I may have to make a visit to the doctor to have it checked it out....eww!

7.  Prayed for Mary, Jennifer, and Stellan.  

8.  Pined for a nap.....And begged my children to cuddle up with me and take one, too!

8 things I wish I could do:

1.  Have a bigger Laundry Room (yes, this is totally my #1.....how sad is that?!....where are my priorities?).  In fact, I want a Laundry Room that spills over into a family closet.  It is my dream to have a huge space for ALL our clothes.  And my big dream would have separate areas for each person:  dressers, mirrors, a sink, an ironing area....it is quite obnoxious.  Yes, I'm serious.....I have a ridiculously frivolous elaborate dream!

2.  Sew.....I would love to learn how to make clothes for my kids, and I really think I would be decent at it if I really set my mind to it.  I just can't seem to find the time!?

3.  Sing.....Well, I can sorta sing, but I'm no "soloist."  I am blessed with several gifts (aren't we all), but singing solo is not one of them :(

4.  Vacation More.....I want to visit so many places, but time/money/little children do not allow for that as often as we would like.  One day, one day.  Top Destinations?  Hawaii, Australia, Ireland and Costa Rica.  I also would love to take Chris to Europe and the United Kingdom to visit some of the great places I went in college.....that was an amazing adventure that I will treasure forever!

5.  Go on a Medical Mission trip......I would love to do this one day.  I think I could really dig into this and fear it might become a regular thing once I get the "bug" to do it (while praying I don't get a bug doing it ..... HA!).  

6.  Exercise Regularly.....I have fallen off the horse terribly in this department, and I really need to get back on it.  That is something I am really striving for!  Now that I've reached my goal weight, I need to tone it up!

7.  Quit Apologizing.....I have a problem with "people pleasing" and am really trying to follow God's will for my life.  I say "I'm sorry" way more than I should.  I want to be bold with my faith and real about where I am in my walk with Him.  This is my biggest struggle right now (the apologizing part, not the walking with Him - but I'm always working on that, too).  

8.  Be a better mother/wife/disciple/friend/giver/witness/
daughter/sister/employee/housekeeper .....the list goes on and on and on and on (and has a little bit to do with the people pleasing thing).  I'm doing my best and trusting God to help me.  That's the best I can do.

8 shows I watch to be honest, I don't watch much TV, but when I do....:
The Today Show
Dancing With the Stars
American Idol
The Bachelor type shows
Anything on the Food Network.  
Grey's Anatomy
Oprah (not a big fan of her, but she has awesome guests)
The Office

Tag 8 friends:


Have fun, and hope you got to know me a little better!

1 kind words:

gillian said...

I found your blog on Danielles website (found hers by searching for a new blog design) and my nieces name is Greer so I clicked on your beautiful blog and have really enjoyed reading... anyway did you find Baby Lulu and Heartstrings clothes at COSTCO!?!?!?!?!