Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Good

I do not understand suffering.  I cannot fathom how it can be just for a child to hurt, for a mother to hurt, for a Father to hurt, for such pain.  I love God, I trust God, I know that He knows what is best.  I still don't get it.  

But I do know this, God's been there.  He, as a Father, knows what it feels like to hurt for your child.  He watched his baby die on a Cross, and he felt that pain too.  He does get it!  And in the words of one of my most favorite musicians (who totally gets it, too)....

"But if God felt a Hammer in the Palm of His hand,
then God knows the way we feel...."

Wow


It's appropriately dark and gloomy here today.  I am comforted when the weather outside reflects the spirit of a day, and it helps me stay focused.  For today I will be mourning.  I will be devastated.  I will be weeping for the loss of our Savior.  

I will dwell in sorrow today.  I will remember all that he did for me and all that he has promised me.  I will be thankful.  Thankful that He loved me that much.  Thankful that He loved my children that much.  Thankful for a gift that I do not deserve.

Good thing I know what's coming soon....
and that makes this Friday Good!

And one day, because of HIS great sacrifice,
I will get it!



44 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit."When he had said this, he breathed his last.

47 The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, "Surely this was a righteous man."


From the gospel of Luke, chapter 23



As you reflect and pray today, will you please add my friends Jana and Mary to the list.  Last night and today have been full of suffering for sweet Mary and she has had a really rough couple months.  Pray for her as she goes to surgery this morning.  Pray that she may be completely healed and that her suffering would end.  Please click here to read her story....

3 kind words:

Amber@theRunaMuck said...

Happy Good Friday, sister.

Anonymous said...

It's gloomy here as well. Thank you for posting that, bc I needed it. It brought tears to my eyes to really start reflecting on what Good Friday is about. Thanks again!

Liz Blalock said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for the wonderful reminder on all that our Savior went through to bring us life and salvation.