Monday, April 13, 2009

Not me!, Monday


Y'all,  it's been quite a while since my last "Not Me!" Monday post, and I must say, I sure have missed it!  Poor MckMama (the inventor of this fabulous, bloggy fun) and her precious baby boy Stellan have been in the hospital for almost a month, and well, Not Me-ing has not been pushed to the bottom of her ever growing "to do" list.  Can't say that I blame her, but I can say that I'm still praying and waiting for Stellan to be fully healed.  I hope you'll head over and read their story and join in the fight.....the more the merrier!!! 

As for me, well, I thought I'd give you a little "Not Me!" 
Easter Monday edition!!! 



To look at him in that picture, you would never believe what an Act of Congress it did not take to get my Reeves into that shirt for church yesterday.  No, he did not act like a complete lunatic (not kicking and screaming and testing my usually patient soul) and I was not brought to tears as I stood firm in my discipline plan.  My mom did not make me giggle through the tears when she compared my perseverence to the patience and tenacity it takes to remove lice from a child's hair.  And it wouldn't be that funny had my sister not done this last week.  


Greer and I will not be getting up bright and early in the morning to head to the hospital for her 7th laser treatment on her Port Wine Stain.  I am not as anxious as ever, but know that through my own prayers and the prayers of my friends, I will not feel a peace wash over me as I always do when they carry her off to the operating room.  I am not sure that we are doing what is best for her in the long run and that she will not thank me for the choices we have made to give her the best life possible.  I do not thank God every day for her sweet, precious soul!


Lucy is not thriving in her new school.  She does not wake up happy and ready for a great day, and she has not fallen in love with all her new friends and teachers.  All that to say, she has not gotten a bit sassy for her own good lately, and we are not hitting a whole new phase in our relationship.  It is not true what they say....it only gets tougher as they get older.  I am so thankful to not have her keeping me on my toes!


It is not harder and harder to get a decent group shot when you have three little ones, but as I've not learned through the years.....







It's NOT totally worth it to take your time and millions of shots.....
cause you just might get a few great ones!  


4 kind words:

Amanda said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! I love the cute jacket you have on in the family pic at the end! It is adorable! I love reading your blog and can relate to you a lot! I am a nurse also and I love reading your work stories! Thanks for all of your honesty!

mrs boo radley said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful babies you have!

Aspiemom said...

I enjoyed reading your "Not Me's" and seeing your pictures. You take such great picture. I love those flowers in the background, too - just beautiful!

Lindsay said...

LOVE the bloggy make-over! Your family is precious.