Saturday, April 25, 2009

Surfin' Saturday

Cause some things are just too good not to share!

When I put up my "What's in a Name?" post the other day, I totally forgot to link you to this little snippet of goodness.  It's a really cool article about David Wilcox, and it even has a little video where he plays a bit from his new song "Beyond Belief" (oh, and he talks a bit about his mission for making music).  Very Cool.  Did I mention how much I love his stuff?

Don't you just love my new blog design?  Wish I could take the credit, but I must give credit where credit is due!  Danielle is just about the sweetest, most fabulous blog designer ever, and you could be a cool kid like me in no time!  That's right, Danielle is giving away a blog makeover to one lucky winner.  And if I win it, well, I'M gonna give it away (sorry, mine's not up for grabs....I have a very special person in mind already)!

Yesterday on my birthmark email group, we had a little discussion about sunscreen.  I know that most of my readers don't have a birthmark like Greer, but we all need good protection from the sun.  When I asked Dr. T what we should be putting on Greer (at our very first visit last year), her answer was an emphatic Blue Lizard Baby!  

Remember, the rule about not putting sunscreen on a baby under 6 months of age no longer holds true (as long as you use a chemical free, baby formula like Blue Lizard Baby).  It is much safer for you to put this cream on that baby than to let them burn.  A little goes a long way with this stuff, it's effective immediately, and that 9 ounce bottle will probably last you an entire Summer.  

Speaking of fun in the sun, wanna know what we bought today?  These are our must have summer shoes, and neither of my girls had a pair that fit them anymore.  Yesterday I bought theirs at a local kid's shoe store for $30/pair, but just saw that Kelly's Kids has them for $28.  I promise you, these are the greatest all purpose sandals in the entire world!!!  Dressy enough for church, but functional enough for the playground.  A must have for every little girl down here in Dixie.  (Hey, they're even cool enough for Suri!) I am serious friends, trust me on this one.  These are the best sandals ever invented!

2 kind words:

Valerie said...

Danielle's designs are beautiful. I was going between her, Once Upon A Blog and April Showers when I picked mine. I went with April Showers. But that would be a great win!

I was just browsing the sunscreen today with my grandson. You just don't know what to pick. I'll have to get Blue Lizard Baby. Thanks for that post.

The shoes are so cute!

gillian said...

so glad you posted about the blog makeover giveaway!!! thank you! I've been following http://livininaboysworld.blogspot.com/
for over a year now and her dads company makes Blue Lizard Baby sunscreen! Her blog is great, she's facilitating a conference call bible study on One to One discipling that I do on Sunday nights with 29 other ladies.