Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On Economics and Meal Planning

I'm proud to announce that I have finally reached my goal weight!  

WooHOO and Hallelujah!  

Just in time for baseball season (no friends, I don't think concession stand food will keep me here for long!).  I decided that it was time to get serious about meal planning on a budget, and I rediscovered something I tried years ago.  Let me just tell you, it is new and improved and I am excited to get started!!!  



The founders of this awesome concept are from right here in Alabama, and when they first got started they went on Rick and Bubba to promote the plan.  Chris told me about it, and we tried it for a few months.  I really liked it, but for some reason or another quit doing it.  That was probably 5 or 6 years ago, and let me just say, the options and features have gotten so much better.  I was so excited to see that they had a Points option (I'm a Weight Watchers girl) for my favorite grocery haunt (Publix!).  Don't have a Publix near you?  No need to worry...they have an Any Store and Wal-mart option, too.  They offer low-fat, low-carb, and regular meal plans.  They average $75-$90/week (before coupons) for 7 meals to feed your family...can't beat that!

What does it involve?  Plain and simple, it gives you a weekly meal plan (7 meals that will feed a family of up to 6) based on the diet plan and grocery store of your choice.  The meals include ingredients that are on sale that week, and have full recipes and grocery lists.  It is pretty unbelievable!  It's economical, efficient, organized, and simple.  Just what this frugal, multi-tasking, Type A, mother-of-3 needs!  I can't wait to get my menu for next week!!!

(it only costs $5 a MONTH to join!)

Any of my readers already on the e-mealz plan?  
Tell me what you think!



5 kind words:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Congrats on reaching your goal weight! Way to go! That is awesome!

Aspiemom said...

That's great! Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hey!

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!! I'm on a mission right now to try to lose the weight I've gained in the past 7 years of grad school, working, adoption, and 6 pregnancies! I just heard of emealz the other day and thought we should try it! I'm glad to hear from someone "I know" that it's a good plan.

Thank you for praying for our family :)
Adrienne

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! I am going through FPU right now and found out that Dave himself promotes this plan! For anyone else who wants to try it, type in DAVE in the coupon area and get your first 3 months for $12.50. I'm so excited! Congratulations on reaching your goal weight Megan!

Bethany Edgeworth said...

Ok, so I decided to 're-join' because I'm sick of trying to decide what's for dinner. I caved to peer pressure :)