Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well, this makes it OFFICIAL!!!



Well we are, and we are beyond excited about it!  We love us some Disney, and I am thinking this might be our best trip yet!!!  I've traveled to Walt Disney World since I was a little girl, and when Chris and I got married (9 years ago TODAY), I was decidedly shocked that he had never been.  He was skeptical about it...thinking he was too old to really enjoy it.  That was one fight he wouldn't win....he had to go! 

We booked a trip to celebrate our first anniversary, and all I have to say is....

From his first bite of a  Mickey Mouse ice cream pop...
Chris was hooked!!!

Naturally, we were ready to get our kiddos in on the fun as soon as they were old enough!  Our first trip was back in 2005 when Reeves was going on 3 and Lucy was going on 1 (yeah, yeah they were a bit young to appreciate it, but we had a great time!)

Lucy circa 2005

We took Reeves back in 2006, but we haven't taken Lucy again.  I decided that our next trip would be an all out adventure that we would all remember for a long time.  Reeves and Lucy are going to be 5 and 7 in May, and we thought it would be the perfect time to make some happy Disney memories!!!  (We considered taking Greer, but when she developed an intense fear of balloons last month....well, we decided it might be better to leave her at home with her loving grandmothers.)

Today, I got a gift from my blogging real-life friend Janice (we go way back, y'all).  And, friends, it is not any ordinary gift!!!  You see, Janice is an artist....a scrapbooking artist that is!!!  She is working with me on my little giveaway project (she just so happens to be my first featured friend), and she wanted to give me a gift for letting her be a part of it.  To say it is extraordinary is an understatement...I am overwhelmed with joy!!!

Check this out...















My very own scrapbook to fill with all our Disney memories!!!  And to make it even better?  It was crafted in love by a precious, precious soul.  

I love you Janice!!!
Thank You

8 kind words:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

that is the nicest little (big) gift! it's beautiful and personal...and now you get to fill it all up! what a wonderful tidbit...now i have a scrapbook bug.

JaniceFry said...

M-now you made ME cry!!!! I KNEW you would love the little book and that's why I made it for you and your SPECIAL family!!! I love you and it made my night when Chris called. I'm so glad we're friends (and neighbors!).[BTW, I meant it when I told Miss Lucy I wanted her to come play with Lily one Monday!!}!I hope yall have the best anniversary year ever. You are a beautiful couple (with gorgeous kids!). OH! And Tell Chris I'm going to e-mail our mutual friend, (that we talked tonight on the phone) and I'm glad he told me about the situation. He reminded me that we ARE part of the Body of Christ who lift up each other up and support each other during those times and I'm so glad he told me about our friend so I can do just that!!..tomorrow check my blog. YOU will be the STAR of my blog! love you and yours! mama fry xxoo <><

Val, Brax and Harper said...

hi there!
just wanted to say thank you for your kind words regarding my post on kelly's blog... i so appreciate your prayer. i am struggling right now because i just had a miscarriage and really want to be closer to God, but am so hesitant to do it alone. and i don't want to be THAT lady at church that just stands there and cries the whole time!
anyway, i am enjoying surfing thru your blog--you picked GREAT names for your kids! love them!
with love in blogland,
val

Southern Girl said...

YAY! For Disney! And your trip!!! Working at Disney is still the best job I've ever had. $5.80 an hour and all, I would go back and do it again in a minute. I don't know how I would feed myself and I would probably be sleeping under a tree in an orange grove, but it would be worth it. As a professional, I think May is one of the two BEST months to go. Y'all are gonna have so much fun!

Kristin said...

Our best WDW trip was Halloween...the boys had a blast and the parades/party were amazing. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was so cool waking up seeing animals right outside our balcony.

Hope you guys have an awesome trip!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I'm so envious of the upcoming trip! We hoped to take our boys this year, but with Grayson losing his job, it's not the year for Disney. Have enough fun for our family, too!

Thanks again so much for praying for Jonah and for giving your support to Matt and Patrice in their blog comments. Today is a GREAT DAY!!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

I just saw your comment on Jessica's blog and had to head over here to see this scrapbook!! I love it! WOW!

I love making "skeleton" scrapbooks for people!! I do a lot of baby scrapbooks for new moms who aren't into scrapbooking yet, and they're always really excited about them. Hope you have fun with this one!!

Ginger said...

Love that book! Too bad we won't be there at the same time. It would've been a great time! We leave next Friday- I CAN'T WAIT!!