Monday, March 16, 2009

Not me!, Monday


We're on vacation this week, but that doesn't mean that I haven't had plenty of "Not me!, Monday" moments that I've NOT been dying to share!!!  Don't know what I'm talkin' about?  Well, just head over to MckMama's Blog, and she'll fill you in.  See, she's the creator of this weekly bloggy therapy where all us perfect mothers do NOT dish on all our not so perfect daily happenings.  Here we go....

I did NOT spend a hectic week getting all packed for a trip to the beach.  It did NOT take me more time and energy than I had expected, and we did NOT get a later start than I had planned.  That late start was NOT right around rush hour on the Friday afternoon before Spring Break.... The whole town did NOT have the same idea, and it did NOT take us almost an hour to get out of town.  I did NOT consider turning around to go home at LEAST 3 times.

"Why would you NOT do that???," you ask.  Did I NOT forget to tell you that I was attempting this trip alone (with 3 small children)?  My dear, sweet husband did NOT have too much work to do right now (counting that as a blessing) and couldn't make the trip this time.   

After we got on the highway, things did NOT go pretty smoothly (you can click HERE to read all about it), and I was NOT proud of my amazing skills of anticipation (being NOT neurotic pays off sometimes)!  I did NOT have a slew of snacks, drinks, and "loveys" all within reach and I did NOT master a blind pitching skill....I really should have tried out for the WNBA!!!

The forecast has NOT looked like this since we arrived (although there have been brief periods of sunshine....click HERE to NOT see what my crazy children did when that happened):


But these crazy children did NOT make the most of it....






I am NOT so happy that we decided to go ahead and make the trip!  Everything's NOT better at the beach (well, if we ever actually get down to the beach)!!!  

Rain, Rain Go Away


I was NOT beside myself when my sister and her boyfriend showed up late Saturday night. They are NOT planning to stay with us for most of the week, and I am NOT so very happy to have some adult company!!! I am NOT so sad that Chris can't be here, too (especially since today is NOT his birthday..... Happy Birthday, Chris!)

I did NOT wake up this morning and find that our fridge had NOT been turned OFF by one of my dear children (I'm NOT assuming this). I am NOT going to have to re-buy close to $100 of food.....so much for a "budget" vacation.

4 kind words:

BobbyG said...

Came across your site quite by accident from Twitter and heard a song about legacy leavers. Who is this? visit www.legacyleavers.com

Aspiemom said...

I'm glad your sister and her husband have joined you. That will make it so much nicer. It would be ever nicer if the sun came out and heated/dried things.

Those are some GREAT pictures, Megan!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Your right... everything is better at the beach! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach; good for you for braving the trip alone with the kids! And the family closet next to the laundry room -- you are a home designing genius!! Seriously, how awesome would that be?!!!!