Friday, March 20, 2009

Lucy Makes Me Laugh!

Oh sweet Lucy, how she makes me laugh!


So, one of the highlights of every road trip is listening to the conversations that my children have in the "way back." I think they think I can't hear them, and they are completely candid. Sometimes I hear profound stories about God's creation and love. One time I overheard Lucy telling her little friend about where babies live when their mommies are pregnant....

"I was in Mommy's womb....it's sort of like a basket."

Not sure where she ever got that, but I do tend to talk about pregnancy and childbirth around my children (job hazard I guess) a lot. That interpretation was pretty funny to me.

Just yesterday, as we were heading out for our last splash in the pool, I overheard a funny conversation between Lucy and her big brother. She's always trying to out-do him, and this one was over the top.....

Reeves. "Lucy, I'm gonna be a baseball player when I grow up. What are you gonna be?"

Lucy. "Well....." (imagine that said with a little drawl and jerk of the head). "I'm gonna be..."

a dentist helper
purse buyer
science teacher
fire girl
and police girl

You go, Girl!



Head over to Amber's for more Friday Funnies
(her blog is pretty awesome, by the way)!

6 kind words:

Faye said...

MEGAN,STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT!LOVE THE PIC.ENJOYED YOUR BLOG.HAVE A VERY BLESSED WEEKEND!

Jo said...

So she'll be a science teacher with an awesome purse, very clean teeth, who carries a taser and drives a fire truck. Look out world, here comes Lucy! :-)
So cute!
-Jo

BlueCastle said...

The world is their oyster. How cute. I especially like her description of your womb. :)

Aspiemom said...

A basket, like baby Moses???

Way to go, Lucy! She's going to set the world on fire.

Claire said...

Hee. Your Lucy's so funny! What a sweet blog you have!

Cxx

Anonymous said...

I like a girl with some ambition! She's going to take on the world, that one!