Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HIGH low

6:13 HIGH Phone rings, mom's voice, Rachel is having a baby today! 7:01 low Lucy in tears, not wanting to go to school....again 8:11 HIGH Greer still sleeping, pour my second cup of coffee, work on my Praise Baby post 8:38 low Chris races upstairs, beckons me to basement, Maximus (Landon's cat) has passed away in the night....the tears flow and flow and flow 9:37 HIGH Phone rings, mom's voice, It's a BOY!!! 9:45 low Try to call Erin and Landon to tell them the news, tears of joy over my new nephew, tears of sadness....decide to call my mom back instead 9:58 HIGH Phone rings, Rachel's voice, praising God, joy JOY joy!!! 10:25 low laundry taking over my house, tears still overwhelming me as I think of talking to Erin and Landon, praying for my friend Mary as she is in surgery, praying for peace 11:39 HIGH hot shower, washing me clean 12:40 HIGH Check email, "David Wilcox is now following you on Twitter"....what??? One of my HEROES!!! 12:48 low Phone rings, Erin's voice - filled with sniffles and the sound of tears, mom has told her, we both cry, she says she's coming down 1:09 HIGH low See Lucy's face, quickly realize she had a bad day, my heart is breaking, tears flowing, I try to make a joke (and it's pretty pathetic) 1:21 HIGH Lucy is happy and laughing and excited about her new baby cousin 1:31 HIGH gymnastics, visit with friends, play with sweet baby Greer 2:49 HIGH home, Greer down for nap, Lucy tucked in to my bed with juice and Little Bear 3:08 HIGH Reeves walks through the door, we talk about his new baby boy cousin, we read and talk about multiplication...he knows what 10X10 is! 4:21 low HIGH Erin and Landon arrive, sadness, we load up Maximus in their car, they say they are so sorry it happened on my watch, I tell them how horrible I feel, we talk about how elated we are about Henry, Rachel sends a picture on the phone...he is GORGEOUS! 5:00 HIGH girls still sleeping, bags packed to go out for Reeves' first baseball game 6:13 HIGH Chick-fil-A drive thru 7:02 HIGH friends, red dirt, packed parking lot, strollers, ring pops, baseball bats and gloves and balls....it's Opening Night at the ball field 8:32 HIGH low Ballgame! the score is NOT in our favor but the smiles on those little boy's faces tell me that they know they played their best 8:49 low Lucy is already crying about having to go to school tomorrow HIGH we say a prayer together on the drive home and talk about the things she has to look forward to 9:38 HIGH everyone is asleep

6 kind words:

JaniceFry said...

I'm worn out just reading about your HIGHS and LOWS. But, at least you are ending on a HIGH!!! Here's a HIGH FIVE that tomorrow will be MOSTLY Highs!!! hugs! HIGH HUGS! LOL Mama Fry xxoo

Huck said...

precious

Kristin said...

It amazes me the ability kids have to go from lows to highs so quickly. One minute mine can be way down in the dumps and the next they are smiling and laughing their heads off.

I keep hearing things about Praise Baby videos...I've never tried them but I may need to with Colin. It seems to be much harder to get dinner ready and on the table with 3 kids then it did with only 2! A nice distraction for Colin might be the trick.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a day! That is just how it is, though. There are highs and lows in this earthly life, but very thankfully God is good and present through it all!

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough yet lovely day....don't those days always seem to exist at the same time?!

I'll pray that the rest of your week gets better!

Aspiemom said...

Well, I'm certainly glad your day wasn't all lows! You need those HIGHS!!!

When you have time, could you tell me how you change the font color and size within a post? I only know about the setting for the whole blog. Do you insert html codes?