Wednesday, March 25, 2009

With Spring Comes Change....

and lots and lots of Baseball!

We will be spending too much some significant time at the ole ball field over the next couple of months! I am asking for forgiveness in advance for lots of baseball related tweets and posts....for this is the stuff of life (our life at least)! I actually adjust my grocery budget to account for all the meals we eat from the concession stand....how crazy is that?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you read my post from yesterday, you know that it has been a week filled with emotion. In all honesty, I am ready to kiss this week goodbye....it's been so very emotional. If I had it my way, the only excitement for the week would have been the birth of my nephew, Henry.

Welcome to the World Baby Boy!
(and NO, I don't have any pictures yet)


But life with 3 kids and 2 animals and 2 jobs (wait, Chris has about 3 jobs all by himself) and all sorts of other responsibilities isn't set up for "easy"....nope friends, sometimes life is just hectic. And God expects and yearns and calls us to rest in him. To trust in his promise. His promise to carry us through it all. Today, I surrendered to that call.

Through prayer and petition, I worked through a difficult situation today....one that I am not ready to share here. I called on those I respect and treasure the most to give me wisdom and insight into this delicate situation. I am at peace with the decision God helped me make, and the changes it will bring to our little world. I feel like great things are in store, and I promise to share more later. For now, I know that my God has us in His arms and that it was the right thing to do....thank you, Father, for opening doors and guiding me.

Oh, and I got a really snazzy haircut!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before bedtime, Reeves and I read a few of the "Pigeon" books and had some time together in prayer. I am so impressed with the maturity of his prayer time, and am in awe that I have a boy this big. Where has the time gone?

We prayed for some very special friends tonight, and if you feel led, I beg you to pray for them too! For where 2 or more gather in His name, there He is also...



and baby Stellan (click the button to read his Mama's blog)...

Prayers for Stellan

9 kind words:

James' Full House said...

Yes spring equals baseball here also. I will post a easy quick dinner idea for before or after the game. My kids love it and it is cheap.
I have been praying continually today. My heart is aching and I feel very helpless.

Brandi James

j said...

People all over the Blogosphere are praying for that little boy. I posted a prayer request for him today as well.

I read your sidebar that you met/fell in love with your husband at Camp Sumatanga... I was a counselor there for a church and was saved there too!

You have a very pretty blog.

Kathryn Anne (Kate) said...

Megan,

I am so thankful I found your blog and follow it! I just wanted to say I love your posts, they always make me laugh and you are such a woman of God. I would have never found out about Mary White so early if it wasn't for your blog. Thank you!

Also, in case you don't remember me I used to watch Reeves and Lucy at Discovery United Methodist! They are getting so big! I remember when Reeves was in the toddler room and when Lucy was born. Greer is just precious!

I look forward to more posts!

-Kate

Aspiemom said...

Hoping the remainder of your week is full of peace and good things!

Beth said...

Heard Chris this morning on Rick&Bubba. So glad they are going back on tv. He was talking about the cat. I am sorry that happened, but it was some what funny to hear them talk about it. Especially when Rick uses his "Meow" talk! Oh, and they also mentioned about you boiling a frog one time? They said it was on best of CD. Sounds crazy! Hope you have a great weekend! Love the blog!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I love your blog, you seems like a very uplifting person and that is very refreshing. Alos, gotta love the baseball/softball fields, we too are there come spring time! God bless! ~Sarah~

Laura said...

Hey sweet girl, I feel so far away from my buttercup. Please know that I read your blog every day and I love you so much. Your post today lifted my heart...I'm recovering from the flu, and have been praying for my poor family and house to have their Mama back.
I'm so excited about Henry, and I love you!
Laura B.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I bet you'll be seeing a lot of my friends out on the ballfields. My friends Megan, Lisa and Cindy's kids all play on the same team and they're at the field ALL THE TIME!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you on the baseball bleachers! Or really chasing my little kids around the baseball bleachers! But there is just so much to love about little kids playing baseball! Not to mention how adorable they are in those uniforms!! Glad you have been able to work through some things this week. Not sure if this is what you mean, but I have definitely had a week of "God, whatcha doin'? and what do you want me to do?"