Monday, March 23, 2009

Not me!, Monday


I'm gonna post my "Not me!, Monday" this week, even though I don't think there will be an official NMM post from sweet MckMama herself!  She has been in the hospital all night with her youngest baby boy, and he is very sick.  Please be in prayer for them and head over to read her story....


Now, in honor of my friend and her great bloggy fun...

We are finally back from our vacation, and we have had quite a busy weekend getting settled back into our "normal", little life (not to mention gettin' some Daddy lovin')!  In my earlier posts, I might have given you the impression that it was the perfect week in paradise, but that would totally NOT not be very realistic....Don't know why I'm talking like this?  Well, head over to MckMama's Blog, and she'll fill you in. See, she's the creator of this weekly bloggy therapy where all us perfect mothers do NOT dish on all our not so perfect daily happenings. Here we go....

I did NOT attempt a week away (in NOT gorgeous Florida) with my 3 kiddos (sans sweet hubby) and it was NOT (not) positively perfect in every single way....

I did NOT let Greer drink a Capri Sun at the pool every. single. day.  just because she liked them and they kept her entertained.  Capri Suns are NOT completely lacking in any sort of nutritional content, and are NOT filled with artificial flavors and sugars....yack!

My kids did NOT eat way too many donuts, drink way too much 7-UP, and stay up WAY too late watching shows that I wouldn't normally allow at home....every. single. night!

Lucy did NOT use "finger quotations" in context one day, and my sister and I did NOT totally laugh hysterically about it!!!  



Greer is NOT smiling in this picture, but it is NOT an illusion, y'all!  Greer did NOT hate the spraying water at the mall where we stopped for lunch and some playtime before heading home on Friday!  

We did NOT get all cleaned up, loaded in, and on our way after a good hour and a half of playtime at the Destin Commons.  Greer did NOT fall asleep right away, and the big kids did NOT watch "Nims Island" in sweet silence for almost 2 hours.

I did NOT tweet about how perfect our drive home was going, only to have it all NOT completely fall apart within seconds of that tweet. Here's what I did NOT say....

Stopping at Durbin's Market for an early supper and fresh air, fruits, & veggies....maybe some homeade peach ice cream, too!
4:44 PM Mar 20th from txt


Oh dear friends, that was NOT the kiss of death!  That quick little stop did NOT last 1.5 hours!!!

It did NOT involve losing and NOT finding (no seriously, we never found it) one of Greer's shoes, a rather unpleasant Burger King experience (because the kids didn't want to eat at the vegetable market), a bathroom accident that did NOT involve the throwing away of an entire outfit (and that accident was NOT had by one of my elder two children who should be way beyond such accidents)....no friends, it was the perfect pitstop!

How 'bout you!?  Any great "Not, Me!" moments this week?

1 kind words:

Aspiemom said...

Welcome home, Megan!
That pitstop sounded like a nightmare! You certainly disrupted the peace and tranquility you'd had prior, huh? lol

I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation, altho it would have been nice having Chris along.

Wish I could have seen Lucy making her "quotation fingers". That must have been hilarious!