Monday, March 23, 2009

If there was ever a night for Prayer....

....tonight was the night. 

In spite of a busy workday (MAN was L&D hoppin' today), I have so many people I love who are in need of some immediate prayers.  Here are a few of my dear ones who need some liftin' up....

My sweet little neighbor Mary (whom I've known since before she was born), was born with hydrocephalus.  Our church family prayed that God would perform a miracle in her little life, and I truly believe He answered our prayers.  Mary was not supposed to have such an amazing outcome, and she has really thrived in her short little life.  She has some challenges ahead of her, but she is so loved by her family and friends.  

Mary will be undergoing her 8th surgery in 8 weeks tomorrow morning.  She has been having MAJOR troubles with her shunt, and they just can't seem to get it right.  Please pray that this surgery will bring the relief that she (and her sweet mom Jana) need.  You can read more about her journey by clicking here!  Oh, and if you want to see sweet Mary in person, click here to see a little video of her in our Christmas play at church.  She is the last little girl to speak....

I Love You Bob!!!

I mentioned in my post from this morning that Stellan (and of course MckMama) needed your prayers.  Well, things have NOT gotten a whole lot better (yet), and they are still trying to convert his heart to a normal rhythm.  I know that lots and lots of people are praying for this sweet baby, but I don't think God ever tires of hearing our cries for mercy.  

I consider MckMama a friend and have gotten to know her through her blog.  I feel blessed to have also grown a personal friendship with her over the internet, and we've joked about being "kindred spirits".  We email and tweet and just generally have a good bit in common....and I can tell you that she is as genuine as can be!

I love you baby MckMuffin and MckMama!!!

My friend Jennifer and her precious hubby Alan will be in Lakeshore Rehabilitation Hospital till at least Wednesday.  Alan was readmitted for some intensive therapy, and we are praying that his time there helps him make some major progress towards recovery and healing.  Please be in prayer for them as they fight to get back some semblance of a normal life and that God will work a miracle in his life....I know my God is big enough (and I will love and trust in Him no matter WHAT)!  Please pray especially for their immediate struggles with insurance.  It has been a very frustrating time on that front.  

This story has way more to it....I encourage you to head over and read it from Jennifer's perspective!  She updates often, and she is very real about what God is doing in her life as she struggles to seek Him in all that she is facing.  

I love you Jennifer and Alan!!! 

And last, but certainly NOT LEAST!!!  Please be in prayer for my sister Rachel this week.  She is expecting her 3rd baby very soon, and will have him or her (I have a love/hate relationship with this decision she made to NOT find out) no later than Friday.  I am praying for the safe arrival of my newest niece or nephew, and ask that you please pray for them, too.  

I LOVE YOU Rach, and I wish with 
all my HEART and SOUL that I could
be there with you!!!

***Update - Tuesday Morning***
Rachel is in LABOR!!!
I'll let you know when my new niece or nephew 
is here....please say a prayer that all goes well!






3 kind words:

Faye said...

MEGAN,I WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR PRAYER REQUESTS.WE ALL NEED PRAYER.I HOPE YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY.I WILL BE CHECKING FOR UPDATES!SENDING YOU HUGS!

Kristin said...

Praying for all your needs.

So exciting you have a new niece/nephew on the way! I hope all goes well for Mommy and Baby.

James' Full House said...

Praying also with you. I've been praying all night. God is bigger than all of this. Praying that God will return little Stellan's heart rate to normal.
I will add your friends and family to my prayer list as well.
Congratulations "AUNT Megan". Praying for a safe and "boring" labor and delivery.

Brandi