Thursday, March 19, 2009

All Good Crazy Things Must Come to an End!

Well, today was the last day of our beach vacation for Spring Break 2009....


I must admit, I am pretty pooped! I aim to be real, y'all, and I would be lying to you if I said it was all giggles and roses! It was tough at times, going it alone (without my precious husband that is)! All of the discipline, packing, unpacking, sunscreen applying, meal preparing, entertaining, Greer chasing, etc, etc, was pretty much up to me (and I would be lying if I said that I did it all with grace and poise). I would also be lying if I didn't tell you that I am a bit nervous about the ride home tomorrow. I pray it goes as smoothly as the trip down did, but at least I know who'll be there to meet me on the other side. I am dying to see you Chris!


One of the little blessings of this trip was having my sister Erin (aka Aunt Becca) and her boyfriend Landon down for most of the trip. They were awesome helpers and I think that if they hadn't been here, well, I would have completely lost my marbles! We had lots of fun, and we were so sad to see them go today! Thanks guys....we love you!


In fact, I think Greer has found her new favorite person in the whole wide world....


Sorry Landon, I think you're a bit too old for my sweet baby G!
(but don't they make a cute couple?)

We decided to make the most of their last night (especially since Erin lost a good two days to a horrendous stomach bug...). We headed over to Baytowne Wharf for dinner and ice-cream - and some awesome live music! Greer couldn't stop herself, y'all, that girl has some sista in her soul! You have got to see her dancing...it is absolutely hysterical. Promise I'll catch it on film some day soon!



And today we managed to make it to the pool not once, but 2 times....it was actually pretty warm. I feel like the kids had a great time - despite missing their Daddy. He better get ready...we're gonna cover him with some major hugs and kisses when we finally see him!





I am so happy that my kids have the opportunity to come down to this very special place. The memories we all have here are a part of our history and I know they feel like it's their home away from home....just like I did when I was growing up.


Thanks again, Charcey and Papa!
We had a great time!

````````````````````

And now...for the most important business of the day!
Who's the Winner of my 1st Times are Tight
Giveaway???




Congratulations BRANDI!
I'll be contacting you soon to get your address!
Hope you enjoy the album....I'm jealous

For everyone else who entered and supported me, a big heartfelt thank you to you, too!!!
I feel so loved and supported, and can't wait to see where this thing goes. Don't forget to stop by Janice's Etsy Store (the link will stay on my blog under Giveaway Participants)....I know she will be getting lots of new business! Love you Janice!

I'll be having another giveaway sometime in mid April (and I have participants lined up through the Summer, too), so stay tuned. Feel free to keep the button up on your blogs....I'll keep all the details up to date!

Gotta go pack a little more....I can't wait to get up and drive HOME!
Night, Y'all!

2 kind words:

JaniceFry said...

CONGRATULATIONS to BRANDI! I hope you enjoy the album!!! Post pix of it when you fill it up with your vacation memories!!! ...Megan, drive safely home!!!...hugs! Mama Fry xxoo <><

Aspiemom said...

I enjoyed the pictures, Megan! Especially that hind-shot of Greer!