Saturday, May 16, 2009

Surfin' Saturday...Disney Style!

Reeves and Mickey, circa 2006

Just so you know, this blog is about to be hijacked by a bunch of crazy Disney fanatics! Consider this your only warning and apology. That means: no complaining about the content of my posts in the coming days!

From here on out, it's all mouse, all the time!

Tomorrow, we travel (via Honda Odyssey) to the most magical place on Earth....we couldn't be more excited! I promise to come up with some clever posts, and will try to have one really cool photo each day. I'm even thinking about posting itinerary tips and tricks. If you have a Disney trip planned anytime in the near future, it would behoove (is that a real word? I mean seriously?) you to check back here frequently this week (hey, and feel free to vote for me every time you stop by, ahem).

So, in honor of our forthcoming journey, here are a few links that have helped me in my planning (you knew I'd plan our every moment....right?). Most of the time, I am not a big fan of the detailed itinerary. But, when it comes to Disney, well, you can't be too organized obnoxious.

First and foremost: my one stop, cover all the bases, most wonderful site EVER created when it comes to Disney planning?
   

V.I.P. tourguide, Mike Howell, has just about the greatest website on the planet when it comes to planning the ultimate WDW vacation. It takes a while to navigate the site, so sign up as soon as you book your trip.....it's the best 20 bucks you'll ever spend! This will be our 2nd Tourguide Mike trip, and we are even more excited this time (cause we know it actually works)!!!!


A few other great links....


All Ears Net is a wonderful source with tons of details about just about everything Disney. I love all the pictures and lists (of rides, restaurants, hotel rooms, you name it). Hundreds of reviews from other travelers, too. This site is a must see....especially if you are a first-timer!


Mouse Savers has some great money saving tips. Check this one out before you book a thing! It'll save you hundreds of dollars....trust me! This is the place to find all those discount codes everyone is always talking about.

Twitter much? There are lots of official and unofficial WDW tweeters out there. I can't tell you how many cool twips tips I've gotten by following this tweep....

And, if I may, I must make one personal recommendation! My precious friend, GranJan (well, Janice to me, but Lucy insists that she is "just GRANJAN"!) has done SO much to make me even MORE excited about this Disney Vacation.  First there was this, then she made the kids these awesome autograph books (which they haven't seen yet, so don't blow my cover), and to make things even crazier???

Do you know what she did? She brought over a gigantic gift bag full of wrapped goodies (individual ones for each kiddo) for them to open up every 100 Miles!!! It's gonna be like "Christmas Roadtrip"! Can you believe that? I even think I saw a couple in there for me and C!

I promised her I would tweet as we open them....great Sunday entertainment! If you don't already, you should follow me to get in on the fun. I think I am more excited about it than they are (well, maybe not).

Happy Surfin'!

Lucy, circa 2005

3 kind words:

JaniceFry said...

Hey! (hope this doesn't post twice, if it does, delete one of them!)....SOOOO excited for you guys!!!! I hope you and Chris and Reeves and m FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS< Princess Lucy, have the best time EVER!!! 1. DRIVE carefully! 2. DON'T WORRY about Greer (she'll have her OWN fun!)3. Enjoy every minute (good and not so good---the "not so good" make great blogs, too! LOL!) and 4. Tell Mickey I said hello and I'm trying to do him good in the album making! HAHAHAHA!....LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys and can't WAIT to read the TWEETS every 100 miles! (or sooner!). Now be sure and tell the kids that the 100 mile gifts are NOT the Santa Claus kind of gifts, just little things to make the trip a bit easier (for mom and dad). So the miles (or MILE-EKYS) will go faster! LOL! HAVE A BALL and I CAN'T WAIT to read all the blogs! I feel like I'm going , too!!!! HUGS!
P.S. just make SURE you make a pix of Lucy's face when she sees the Castle for the first time!

Jennifer said...

Hope you have fun at Disney!

Anna said...

Fun times! i cant wait to hear (and see) all about it! love the 100 miles presents. what a fun idea! have a safe trip and a blast and WDW!!!