Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And in the blink of an eye....



the rain came back....

Big Time!


And we had to find ways to entertain ourselves,
but it hasn't been too hard.

As I type this, Reeves and Lucy are playing with a couple of souvenir toys that we found in the Mercantile here at the Wilderness Lodge.  Best $30 bucks I ever spent!  They haven't stopped for at least half an hour wish they played this well at home!  

Chris and I are enjoying the finale of American Idol and I am about to call Bethany to see how we can rearrange our next few days to fit in all the things we've missed because of the torrential downpours rain.  I think I've got a plan....just need to see what she thinks.  I think Mike would be proud!  I'll let you know how it goes. 

One personal request, if you don't mind.  I know it's selfish, and that there are little children all over the world who would give their next meal to have a chance at this vacation, but........

Would you please say a prayer for the rain to STOP!?  We are so tired of it, and we have been looking so forward to this Disney trip!!  I just hate to spend the entire vacation like this!

Okay, that's it.  Done complaining.  Cause seriously, it's really been wonderful!  On a sidenote, I can't say enough about the Disney Dining Plan....it is absolutely the greatest thing ever invented.  You just shouldn't even consider doing Disney without it (and I'm especially grateful for the tips Bethany gave me that make it even better).  We have eaten so well.....well, it's ridiculous really!  I'll fill you all in later!

So, we have ended another day all wet and soggy, but our spirits are still hopeful.  Praying we find some sunshine tomorrow.....or should I say praying some sunshine finds us tomorrow!
  


doesn't look like it bothers them a bit, huh?


and, I have to admit,
it's still breathtaking.....

4 kind words:

JaniceFry said...

I think it's ok to pray for the rain to stop b/c I think they are now "Caught up" on the rain there! Besides, I have family & friends there who live there that are sick of it, too! Enough already! ...Praying you'll get some sunshine today! Oh, well, you already have LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE there, I forgot! LOL!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I'm so sorry it's been raining all week! That is so frustrating ... considering that Disney's so expensive and all. But you guys have a great attitude!

Valerie said...

Hopefully it will clear up soon!

For Such A Time As This said...

We were there, too!! Of course, we live here in FL (not Orlando, but close enough) so we are somewhat used to this weather, but last week was over the top - even for us! We got caught at Universal Studios in the deluge....cold, wet, and very untypical FL weather!! I'm sorry you guys got rained on so much, but I have to say, it is probably preferable to the normal temperatures and humidity levels! Hope you had a "magical" time anyway!!