Saturday, May 9, 2009

Surfin' Saturday: Mother's Day Edition!

Cause some things are too good not to share!


I've been doing a few Motherhood related posts this week, so I thought it would only be fitting to do a Mother's Day version of Surfin' Saturday.  Sound good to you?

I know I said that I don't approve of the whole "Mommy Judgement" thing, but I did say that I like some helpful advice every now and again.  Here are a few things that have made a big impact on my mothering....

This book single-handedly saved my life when Lucy was a baby.  Wish I had listened when my friend Ellen recommended it the first go 'round!  It is just about the greatest book ever written (well, besides the best book ever written)!  By the time I had Greer, the principles of this book came like second nature, and she is my easiest baby yet!  There is even a website devoted to it's principles.  Chat, discuss, learn more....Tracy Hogg (I'm hoping she's dancing with angels ) was so brilliant!

Love, love, love this idea from sweet Angie.  What a challenge to all of us!  I did it a few months ago, and want to do it again soon.....



As the years have gone by, I've needed a bit of help in the discipline department.  The principles of this book were super effective for us, and the principles of this book have helped me understand what makes me my kids tick.  Great picks for your Summer reading list!!!  Promise!

Ever thought about making your own babyfood?  I never really considered it till I had Greer, and I want you to know how easy, fun, and rewarding it was.  I promise!  If I can do it, you can too!  This site helped me immensely!  Once you try it, let me know how it goes!  And, for what's it's worth, Greer will eat just. about. anything!

Do you have any great links to share (especially related to being a better Mommy)?
I'd love to hear from you!

1 kind words:

Beth said...

Happy Mother's Day!!