Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And just like that....

....it's Summer!




Reeves and Lucy ~ circa Summer 2006

It's really weird to think that it's actually summertime. We skipped the last week of school, so upon our arrival back to Birmingham, we morphed our little selves right into Summer 2009! I can hardly believe it.

Last summer was a little too busy. We had activities and vacations planned for almost every day. This summer is the complete antithesis to last. We basically have NOTHING planned....

And boy, does it feel good.

Don't get me wrong....

There'll be a lot of long days at the pool, late nights watching movies in the park, cook-outs and picnics, a couple of trips down to the panhandle of Florida....

Popsicles on the porch swing, afternoons at the zoo, mid-days at the library, and playdates with the neighbors.

We'll catch fireflies, go to vacation bible school, take afternoon naps, and draw with chalk on the sidewalk.

There will be kick ball in the cul-de-sac, running through the sprinklers, and fireworks on the 4th.

But there are no schedules, no commitments well, maybe a few, and no absolutes. I wanna wake up late and sit down with my kids and make a plan for each new day.

It's gonna be a great summer, y'all! What do YOU have planned?

1 kind words:

James' Full House said...

Your husband had me rolling yesterday afternoon on the replay. I listen to it while on my looong commute to teach. He was soo funny - I had tears. Who knows what the people driving next to me were thinking. Sorry your trip was soggy to say the least. But even in the rain Disney is awsome. Can't wait till Lil B is 5 so we can go back!
Brandi