Saturday, May 2, 2009

Surfin' Saturday

Cause some things are just too good not to share!


A few months ago, I was searching for some stamped jewelry to give my friend Amy for her birthday.  When I found this piece, I knew it was just right.  I love the freshwater pearl and the engraved discs for each of my babies.  I ordered one for my friend (2 discs), and one for myself (3 discs), and when I finally found out that Rachel had a baby boy, I ordered one for her.  I think they are beautiful, and my kids love that I wear their names close to my heart.  One disc for each of my kiddos, and that freshwater pearl reminds me of my sweet baby in heaven....  


Lucy and I have been reading the stories from all of the Compassion Bloggers this week.  Please be in prayer for them as they travel home tomorrow, and when you have the time, please read some of their posts.  They will inspire you to change and move you to tears.  We have committed to sponsor a child, and we can't wait till our sponsorship packet comes in the mail.  Lucy chose a little girl who is close to her age and she said she is going to write and pray for her "EVERY single day!"  Love that 5 year old commitment (and praying it lasts)!

This month's Times are Tight Giveaway was a huge hit thanks to all of you (my faithful, loving, fashion-forward blogmies)!  If you haven't been here in a couple of days, here's what you missed.  Check out Nat's site.....you'll find just the right Mother's Day/Graduation/Wedding/Teacher/You Name It Gift!  

Got any great links this weekend?  I'd love to see 'em.....leave a comment with your linky love!

1 kind words:

Valerie said...

You are so right about the Compassion Bloggers. Their post have been so moving. I also enjoyed watching a few of them the other night on the web.

Today is my daughter's birthday so my post is about her. But I did a post yesterday with a couple of links if you want to check them out. http://valeriegail.blogspot.com/2009/05/aloha-friday-embarrassing-moment.html

Thanks for stopping by the other day too.

Have a great weekend!