Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pieces of Me

I had my annual performance evaluation at work today, and it went really well.  I have an awesome boss, and she totally made me laugh when I walked through the door...she knows me well enough to know what I'm feeling before I even say a word.  All of my close friends do.  


She took one look at me and said, "You know your evaluation is good....why are you so splotchy!?"

It's true.  I'm a splotcher..... and I always have been.  

My friends know it well, and can read me like a book.  In fact, they enjoy torturing me with it!  Friends, I am happy that you can have a good laugh at my expense!  I live to serve.

Chris knows that I mean business when the splotches start to creep up.  Don't believe me?  Ask him what happened the night that I professed my undying love for him....before we had even been out on one serious date.  Yep, that was a turtle-neck night (too bad it was August in Alabama)!  There was no hiding my true colors!!! 

I splotch when I 'm happy, sad, mad, embarrassed, excited.  I splotch when I have a glass of wine or when I'm given a compliment.  I splotch when I teach a class and when I am passionately kissed. 

I hate it!  

I want to be mysterious, but my skin always gives me away.  I want my students to know I mean business, but my skin shows that I am stressed out about something.  I wanted my skin to look milky white in my strapless wedding gown, but my heart was beating too fast to allow it. 

Oh well....so much for wishing!  It's just a piece of me.  

2 kind words:

Southern Girl said...

Oh, my, Megan! I thought I was the only one! Mine's not so much splotchy as my cheeks get horribly red if I get even the tiniest bit embarrassed or upset. And I can FEEL it happening and then I get even MORE embarrassed. Yikes. But I'm glad someone else understands.

Aspiemom said...

I think you're making this up because every picture I've seen of you, you are beautiful and no splotching in sight! Let's see some proof...a picture of your splotching.

Let's see, how can you be thankful for splotching? It means you have feelings. It means you can't be very deceptive. It's a unique way God made you...gives the rest of us something to tease you over!

Anyway, you are very beautiful!