Saturday, February 21, 2009

His Mercies are New Every Morning

The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
   His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
   his mercies begin afresh each morning.

Lamentations 3:22-23



What a beautiful day we have here in Alabama!  It is sunny and crisp, and I am thankful for lots of windows to look through.  I woke up next to Reeves, and the sunlight was pouring over his sweet little face.  Did you hear?  He has not 1, but 2 strains of the flu.  The night was pretty restless for all, but today everyone is doing pretty well.  

So instead of being sad that we can't be out there enjoying this bright, beautiful day, I am choosing to be thankful.

Today, I thank sweet Jesus for.....

Tylenol, Motrin, Popsicles, and Gatorade an awesome Movie Library, courtesy of Honey (Chris' mom) super comfy floor beds, courtesy of Charcey (my mom) Pajamas my Dishwasher and Washing Machine Spare sets of Sheets Warm Baths Wii a Closet full of fun Games friends who bring us Chicken Noodle Soup (thanks Keith) and Veggie Lasagna (thanks Jennifer, and Happy Birthday)! Computers and great Websites for kids Lots of Books Paint and Playdoh bulb syringes iPods DVR Hide and Go Seek Not having to Work today Knowing that soon we will be Well, and the opportunity to Pray for those who aren't feeling quite as Blessed...


This is where you will find us for the next few days!

5 kind words:

Aspiemom said...

It sounds like you are set for the duration! Hope all are well, soon, and you don't get sick. The Jennifer that you mentioned, is that Henley? Since it was her birthday, I thot maybe.

Southern Girl said...

All I'm sayin' is that the next time I'm sick, I wanna come live at your house!

JaniceFry said...

Hey, girl! Glad yall are feeling better !!! What a week for yall!... What a great surprise to talk to you on the phone vs. via blog or WalMart! HAHAHA! You are such a sweetie and I wonder>>>? could you be my 3rd daughter? (I always wanted SIX kids, equally divided!), I'll just adopt you!...hugs!
P.S. can't wait for your little project!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Y'all are so sweet! Yes, Debbi...It was Jennifer Henley. She is an angel! Sally, it's not as great as it seems....we had a few knock down, drag outs (but over all it was a nice day), and Janice...awwww. Thanks!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Hope everyone feels better soon!