Friday, February 20, 2009

Pictures of Motherhood & Friday Funnies

Last week, I posted some pictures and stories about a day in my crazy, little life! I posted a few pictures that weren't the typical perfectly posed snapshots of childhood (or mommyhood for that matter)! Wanna see some from this week? Well, here ya go!





These might look like regular old action figures to you, but to me?



Well, they are my shower buddies most days of the week!




When you are sick with a temperature of 103 (like sweet Lucy was last night), you might get to fall asleep on the couch...whenever you feel like it (even if it's 6:30 in the evening and all you had for supper was a popsicle and hot chocolate)!


And, when the kids are all sick, and Daddy gets to be in charge while mommy is at work...
You might see a note on the fridge that looks something like this! Turns out, Mommy won't be working after all. Reeves woke up in the night with a raging fever and cough, too.

I just couldn't bring myself to leave Chris to deal with all 3 of them sick like this. Sometimes you just need your Mommy!


I know it's not something I should laugh at, but my kids are hilarious when they have a high fever. They are overly polite, sweet, and say some of the funniest things.

When Lucy was in a state of high temperature delirium (sometime around 3:36 this morning), I got some ice cold water for her in a sippy cup that she could keep right beside her. I snuggled up next to her and could feel her heat through my own pajamas. A few minutes went by, and I thought she had fallen asleep. I opened my eyes and she was leaning over me with cup in hand. In the sweetest little voice, she said....

"Mommy, could you please put my cup on the table?"
"But Lucy, aren't you thirsty?"
"Yes, Mommy, but this cup is colding me!"

I think it was meant to be some combination of touching me and cold.
It made me giggle!

Think my little moments were funny? (or completely pathetic)....
Check out the Friday Funnies over on Amber's Blog

I promise you won't be disappointed!

5 kind words:

Anonymous said...

Now that is accurate journalism of motherhood! So sorry your little ones have been sick. I hope they feel better soon and you get more lighthearted moments to see you through!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Babe, I think funny and pathetic go hand in hand.

Thank you for this.

Jo said...

Oh so sweet! There's nothing like kiddos to bring out the funny in life.

Aspiemom said...

I hope your children get better soon! And that you and Chris don't get it.

Anonymous said...

I love you. mom