Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Funnies - Modesty



Feeling the need to lighten things up a bit after that last post...it was good for me though. It brought me to my knees and I asked a lot of questions. In time, I know there will be answers....there already have been. God and I are on a journey, and I am thankful and willing to let Him lead the way.

Now for the Friday Funny....

I have spent the past couple of days with my good friend Angela and her precious kiddos, Maddie and Ben. What am I saying...we spend almost every day together in one way or another! A lot of times, Ang and I swap our kids so that we don't have to hire babysitters. It works out really well since our girls and babies are the same ages. Reeves is the entertainment and the "big boy helper".

A few months ago, Angela was taking care of Lucy, and the girls managed to get dirty enough to need a bath. After a good cleansing and great big soggy mess fun time, Angela decided it was time for them to get out of the tub.

She reached for the towels and said, "Hey girls, let's get out and put our towels on like Mommies do"! And she proceeded to wrap the towels around them just above their soon to be girl parts. The girls giggled and thought that was funny...especially when Lucy announced....

"That's not how Mommy does it, that's how DADDY does it!!!"

For Lucy knows the truth of our house....

Mommy is VERY immodest (aka, no towel needed) and Daddy is VERY, VERY modest (dressing as SOON as he exits the shower, underneath a "girl style" towel wrap)!!!

How embarrassing for Chris, not me!!!

3 kind words:

Anonymous said...

Very revealing! I love this. The kids will just go and tell our business, won't they?

I'm so glad you shared this.

lenwa said...

hilarious!

i loooooove your blog! really, i do!

Aspiemom said...

That's so funny! Guess she told on you and Chris!