Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Facebook Style

***Update***
Look who showed up with flowers and new boots at 10:30 this morning!
Love you Mom!  Thanks for sharing my day!


It's only 9:30, and I'm already overwhelmed by my first birthday on Facebook.  Don't get me wrong....it is VERY flattering.  I feel so loved, and I don't think I've ever gotten this many emails all in one day!  I mean, the Facebook People are even wishing me a big Happy Birthday!  It's enough to make a girl wanna sit by her computer all day just to read all the well-wishes coming in.  My head might explode from all the flattery!

Thanks to all of you who took the time to write on my wall!
I'm Honored!

Speaking of birthdays, I wouldn't be celebrating mine if it weren't for my sweet Mama (and I suppose my Daddy had a bit to do with it, too)!  Thanks for bringing me into the world, and for teaching me about the love of Jesus!  Until I had my own kids, I didn't really appreciate how special it is when your child has a birthday.  It brings back such a flood of emotions and love for the child you were blessed with.  Each birthday I celebrate with my babies is a reminder of the 3 greatest days of my life!  I know my mom feels the same way because she always recounts my delivery day when she calls to wish me a Happy Day!  

Mom just had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and it seems we have different views when it comes to celebrating.  If it weren't enough that she is gorgeous and one of the most faithful followers of Christ that I know, my cool Mom is on Facebook, too!  Trouble is....she isn't a big fan of her birthday.  I mean, the woman has spent many a birthday in bed with a migraine....yep, she's crazy!   Mom, I'm only teasing you about it because you know it's true!  Do you know that she went to the trouble of removing her birthday from her Facebook account several days before so that she wouldn't have to deal with all the accolades!  She doesn't know what she's missin'....and I'm working on her for next year!


So here's to my beautiful mom on my birthday.  I just pray I grow up to be as beautiful as you.  I love you!  Happy (late) Birthday to you, too!!!

9 kind words:

Aspiemom said...

I don't know much about Facebook, so I will say it here....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! If I were nearby I would bring you some chocolate!

ml said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I found your blog through FB and I have really enjoyed reading it lately! I used to be Meredith McCool, now I am Meredith Latimer. Feel free to check out my blog as well!

Sam Duffey said...

So this entry gave me a tear and I am sure your Mom as well. She is so proud of you I know. You and your Mom are such beautiful people on the outside and in and I am blessed to know both of you.
Love to you both and Happy Birthday to you and Happy Late Birthday to Mrs. Rutland.
Amy Duffey

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I have been following your blog for a couple of months and I love it!! I love your up beat style! You make me smile and I look forward to your new posts! You seem to have such a positive attitude and you are an amazing mother! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy that cake!!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Thank you "Anonymous"....You are so sweet!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! I hope Greer starts to feel better.

Carin said...

Happy Birthday! I jumped over from My Charming Kids.... I read your comment about your mom pouring out a bag of flour to let you play in it. Wow! What a great mom. I could never do that. Your mom sounds so wonderful and obviously she raised a wonderful daughter. Happy Birthday again

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I LOVE your blog. Hope Greer is better.
Lauren W

Aspiemom said...

Please tell me that's not your mom holding those flowers!!! She looks younger than me!!!! She's georgeous - is that your mom, really?