Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tonight, I might meet my boyfriend....

***Update****

The concert was every bit as amazing as I had hoped it would be....and more. If you ever have the chance to catch David Wilcox, you should go....he really is an unbelievable artist. I mean talented and real and pure and full of faith. And WorkPlay is an awesome venue....I can't wait to have a reason to go back soon. Some old friends just happened to be there, too, and we had a great reunion of sorts. It felt fresh and real and it filled us up.

It's rare for Chris and I to get out to do much of anything alone, but this date was extra special. We are in a better place in our marriage than we have been in a really long time, and we have a lot to be thankful for. I've never felt more at peace in my marriage than I have lately....

What a wonderful privilege it is to share my life with my best friend.


So below the picture is my original post from Saturday.....

I didn't get to meet him, but just being there was gift enough. What an amazingly talented soul!



....just kidding!

well sorta. I do love him!

I really would love to meet him. I've been a fan since the early 90's and I know the words to every song he's written. I follow him on twitter, and he's even tweeted me back a few times....I know. It's sorta sickening. I don't care. He is amazing.

Chris is aware of this love affair I have with David Wilcox music. He tolerates it like I tolerate his love affair with Jane Seymour, Steve Green, 24, and Russell Crowe (don't ask....).

So, David is gonna be in town tonight (at WorkPlay if you're a local), and if it weren't for my sweet friend Katherine, I might have missed him. I haven't been keeping up with his tour schedule quite as diligently as I did in college when I went to see him anytime he was within a 100 mile radius. I think it has a little bit to do with having little kids and forgetting what it means to be an actual adult.

An adult who goes out for dinner at an adult type restaurant with her husband. An adult who goes to a concert that features an actual musician and not a ginormous muppet! I've already picked out my outfit and booked a babysitter (helps that I have the most amazing live-in babysitter on the planet)! We'll eat dinner without wiping mouths or cutting meat or breaking up a fight.

Bliss!

Nothing can bring me down today.

1 kind words:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I'm so glad you got to go! I wish we'd been there. I love him, too, and his music reminds me so much of various points in my life to which it was the soundtrack. I can pinpoint many moments in my life that occurred while listening to some amazing David Wilcox songs!