Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swirly....

I haven't really been around these parts too much the past few days.  In fact, the past few weeks have been a bit crazy.  I have so many things that are heavy on my heart....lots of little pieces of me that I want to share, but I've just been too darn busy to get my writing act together. 


I'm getting there though....stay tuned. 

The best I can do is post a few pictures of our days and some sweet commentary to go along with it.  I guess that's all well and good, and there's no going back, but I really want this to be about more than just that. 

Don't get me wrong.....

This blog is mostly just for me (and I mean that in a good way not in the totally narcissistic way it sounds).  I go back and look at what we were doing this time last year and it is so wonderful to have it all here in one place.  I know I am going to treasure this for a lifetime and that was my sole purpose for starting this blog.....

I don't scrapbook, and I am horrible at keeping my pictures organized.  Lucy's baby book is barely halfway finished, and Greer's is simply stuffed with hospital bands, footprints, photos from friends, check-up notes jotted by my pediatrician, and ultrasound pictures.  I have yet to write a single thing down.  Reeves, the typical first child, has a book that is filled to the brim with all sorts of details like "June 18th, 2003....the day I finger-painted for the first time"....Yes, it is sickening in a totally good way!

Erin, I promise to finish Greer's book.....I PROMISE!

Mom, I totally get it!  Totally!

So what have I been up to?  Well, if you really want to know....

I'm enjoying some time with my middle sister who lives far away.  I've enjoyed holding my almost brand new nephew and laughing with my nieces.  I'm snapping lots of shots of them, but not enough.   I'm leaving my cell phone in my mother's car and feeling naked without it.  Eating shaved ice and letting Lucy discover things like "Mr. Pig"....she thinks it's delicious.  I'm taking my kids to Costco and spending 3 hours discovering all sorts of awesome treasures (have you SEEN the new bandaid package?  It is amazing!!!).  Grilling steak, folding laundry, organizing toys, bathing Greer and tending to her bug bites, making Reeves and Lucy clean up their rooms, enjoying a glass of wine on the deck and talking to Chris about our day, watering my new flowers and taking out the trash....and those are only a few of the things I did today!

Other than that....

 I'm planning a going away party for my best friend.  Teaching her how to blog....since I gave her one as a going away present!  Don't worry.  She was planning on starting one anyway....I just wanted it to be gorgeous.  Danielle worked her magic!  Speaking of Danielle....I've been praying for her.  And Jen.  And Mary.  And Adrienne 

And I just found out that Sweet Stellan needs our prayers right now!

I'm diving into our new church head-on.  Singing in the choir, leading VBS on our block (later in the Summer), joining a small group, befriending new church friends on Facebook and Twitter.   Knowing that where we are is because it is where we were called to be.  ....a place that is:  Amazing.  On-fire.  Real.  and Right for us.  We have nothing but love for all the people at our old church and it will always have a special place in our heart.  We are grateful for our friends there and for all it has been to us and so many others through the years.  May it grow and prosper and bring people to Christ. 

I'm trying to keep up with all my dear old friends (not that they are old.....really, just forever friends).  Making a list of all the thank you notes I need to send and all the gifts I need to buy....but knowing that I'm really the only one who's worried about that.  Pacing myself is my new motto!  Feeling guilty about all the extended family that we need to visit, but knowing that they love us no matter how often we call or visit.  Grateful for understanding...getting away to ANYWHERE with 3 small children is a feat!

Working 2 days a week at the hospital, and trying to do better at my "paying" job every time I am there.  It's not too hard....since Nursing and Labor and Delivery are a calling for me.  I am so thankful to have a wonderful career that allows so much flexibility with amazing benefits and rewards.  God is so Good!  Not that I didn't know that already!

I'm reading to my children, praying with and for them and letting them enjoy a carefree summer.  I'm letting them stay up late and hoping they'll sleep late in return.  That isn't happening very much.  Well....except for Greer.  She is a sleeping machine.

and on the other side of the coin....I'm losing my cool more often than I'd like to admit, and doing my best to be more patient.  I'm asking my children to forgive me when I fall, and working on being more consistent in my discipline techniques.  I'm focusing on my marriage and praying every day for my precious husband.  What a blessing he is to me, and I am sooo very proud of him.


I'm trying to stay cool as the weather gets more miserable, but grateful that I have an awesome pool to go to every day.  I'm letting my kids eat ice-cream for lunch and breakfast for dinner.  I've fallen off the Weight Watchers wagon and gained 5 pounds back....Summer months are the hardest for me when it comes to dieting.....

This list could go on and on and on.  

I'll be done for now.  


Bet you'd prefer the pretty pictures and happy commentary!  Night dear friends....I feel better now!

1 kind words:

megan said...

HA! I know the exact feeling, the feeling of Oh my, If THIS is what it looks like after trying to clean up all day, I don't want to know what it would look like if I hadn't!! Life is VERY Swirly...I like it like that. :)