Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pretty Near Perfect

For the most part, I enjoy cooking with fresh ingredients. I don't mind a recipe, but most of the time, I like to create my own meals out of basic, fresh ingredients. I get that from my father, I think (but, if you must know....my mom is an amazing chef, too).

In my quest to discover some simple, really delicious meals, I ran across this little treasure.....and I have to share it with my faithful readers! I realize that some of you don't have a Publix anywhere near you. That is such a shame....



....cause this bottled sauce is pretty near perfection! I honestly don't think I could come up with a recipe that could come close to the goodness of this pre-packaged divinity. You HAVE to try it (and if you do, will you please comment or email me to tell me what you think!)! It is scrum-diddly-umptious!

You're Welcome!



P.S. Oh, and the ingredients are pretty pure and simple (if I do say so myself):
Italian peeled tomatoes, tomato paste, whole cream, fresh onions, imported olive oil, imported pecorino romano cheese, vodka, minced garlic, salt, sugar, basil, parsley flakes, crushed red pepper seeds, citric acid, and spices.


4 kind words:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Hi Megan...your blog is adorable! I am just sifting through some of MckMama's comments and wanted to stop by and thank you for commenting. And also, please let me know if there is anything we can do to help your patients facing loss. Thank you for all you do.

Blessings,
Kelly Gerken
Sufficient Grace Ministries

Kristin said...

I usually use a different sauce, if I don't make my own, but I'll try the Publix brand and see how it goes.

I've been doing the E-Z Meals and love it. So many good recipies!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

We are devotees of jacked-up Prego, but we'll have to try this! Thanks for the recommendation.

Lauren said...

While I was at Publix today (getting my other really cheap groceries!) I picked up this little jar! I came home and fixed it up tonight, and I must say it was simply amazing! I was browning ground beef for something else, and I added just a little and served with angel hair pasta and sauted zuccinni! Delicious!