Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Serendipity

We're finally getting into the groove of summer around here, and I'm finding that each day is full of surprises. Most of them joyful, some of them challenging, and occasionally they are fully ordained.

An unexpected phone call from my sweet boy in Florida (who is missing home a bit....say a prayer for him, will you?). A playdate with precious friends. A conversation about how wonderful my Jesus is, with a dear friend who feels like He is so far away. This is what I told her....

All you have to do is Believe in Him. Love Him. Let Him LOVE YOU!

It really is that simple. He just wants you to be in relationship with Him, and for you to be in relationship with others! To learn and grow with others as you get to know Him more. I'm striving to do that more and more every day. I prayed for her to find that relationship, and I think that just maybe, I gave her some hope. Will you please pray for my sweet friend? She is really struggling right now.

After I prayed with her....

I invited her to church. CHURCH! It is hard to even put into words how much we love our new church. There's a lot more to that story, too......I can't wait to share it!

But for tonight, I'll just share some pictures from our day.....

Our Serendipitous Day!



We just happened to meet up with our little friend Leah at the pool. I love this picture. I have a feeling that these two will be graduating high school together and will still be bff's! Won't it be fun to show this picture to them one day! I think they look like little old ladies. I laugh out loud every time I see it!


Sweet Emily was so patient with me today. So was Lucy. We had a rough start. Barely 20 minutes into our pool playdate, we got "thundered" out. It barely rained, and as you can see, the sun came out as soon as we got home. The girls spent the afternoon playing on the back deck and had a blast. The weather couldn't have been more gorgeous!





I have a feeling I might be showing them these pictures on the occasion of their high school graduation, too. Such sweet, sweet friends! Thanks for coming to play, Emily! You made our day so much fun!

Blessings abound, and I am happy. I love being happy.


2 kind words:

Danielle Moss said...

I love this post, and the photos. Would be so fun to spend a day with you :)

Thanks for being such a sweet friend to me.

Love,

Danielle

Meg said...

Great photos. And you're right--the girls *do* look like little old ladies!