Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Sleepin' Machine

Or as Chris likes to say.... the "rack beast"!

Greer has always been a great sleeper. From the very beginning, she was very predictable with her naps and nighttime sleeping. She consistently sleeps 18 hours a day (between nighttime sleep and naps), and has been known to sleep up to 21 hours in a day.

I know I shouldn't complain about this....believe me, I'm not complaining...... just concerned. I've asked my pediatrician about it, and my dad (who is also a pediatrician). They both said, "Well, it's not usual", but they didn't seem concerned. She is meeting all her developmental milestones and growing just fine!

I guess I shouldn't be concerned either, but there is always that naggy mom guilt/worry thing floating around in the back of my head (I think that might just be the bad guy trying to creep in) that makes me question all the little things that could be wrong with her.

But, above and beyond everything, I trust my Father in Heaven. I have prayed for peace and comfort for sweet Greer from her very first days. Maybe all this good sleepin' is simply an answer to those prayers. Who am I to question her heavenly Father.....my heavenly Father? I know that she is in His hands no matter what.


If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen my tweets about how much food she manages to ingest following a long night (and by long....I mean going down at 7 p.m. and waking up at noon the following day). She is literally shaky when she wakes....I am convinced that her blood sugar level must be close to 30 after all that time!

I have actually started giving her Orange Juice first thing....while I prepare her monster morning meal. Or should I say meals.

Today (these pics were taken this morning), she consumed the following (in a matter of minutes).....

6 ounces of Orange Juice
4 ounces of Whole Milk
A fistful of blueberries
Large container of peach yogurt
2 Strawberry Waffles
3 scrambled eggs
4 large strawberries
1 Cheese stick

I kid you NOT!



2 hours later.....

Chicken noodle soup
Boiled egg (she likes eggs)
Cherries and Strawberries

Oh, and she had her first Cherry Lime Shaved Ice somewhere in between!

So, thanks to all my friends on twitter who offered support and reassurance that it does happen.....and that their babies are just fine (and to all my IRL friends who have given me the same reassurance). I am going to just enjoy all the time it allows me with my older two, and the time it gives me to rest and get things accomplished. I'll just keep counting my blessings!


3 kind words:

Lindsay said...

Man alive she really IS a sleeper! I mean my kids like to sleep (it's almost 9am and they are both still asleep) but they sure don't go down at 7pm, either!! Yes - enjoy your quality time with the other two and being productive....and I suppose you need that time to fix her next meal! LOL!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

WOW! Both the eating AND the sleeping are impressive! I would worry, too, but I bet everyone is right and it's nothing to worry about. We just can't help it, huh?

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Megan,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

pss - Wanna swap buttons??

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•